• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sometimes you just need to trust your instincts

Carrera1963

Lover of Juliet
Premium Member
UK
These were being sold described as "junk". The earsocks were completely trashed and the lenses were scratched to within an inch of their life. Everything else looked ok and the box and accompanying pieces looked fine.

jMZdwM.jpg

wt3Nr3.jpg

The clincher, though, was the price. These were on for about 1/4 of the price they would have been for a boxed, used pair.

I already had the replacement rubber, it was just a case of sourcing the lenses. Which proved remarkably easy in fact.

So all that, and one customs charge later, and I have a pair of serialled emerald Ichiros for no more than half what you might expect to pay for an equivalent pair of unserialled ones.

YRNNXT.jpg

Thanks to @saulsaul and @Zerodosquince for helping me make this happen. Off to swap the rubber and lenses, then I'll put up the "after" pics.

Well chuffed with these, possibly even a better deal than the £53.75 x-metals!

Last edited:
These were being sold described as "junk". The earsocks were completely trashed and the lenses were scratched to within an inch of their life. Everything else looked ok and the box and accompanying pieces looked fine.

jMZdwM.jpg

wt3Nr3.jpg

The clincher, though, was the price. These were on for about 1/4 of the price they would have been for a boxed, used pair.

I already had the replacement rubber, it was just a case of sourcing the lenses. Which proved remarkably easy in fact.

So all that, and one customs charge later, and I have a pair of serialled emerald Ichiros for no more than half what you might expect to pay for an equivalent pair of unserialled ones.

YRNNXT.jpg

Thanks to @saulsaul and @Zerodosquince for helping me make this happen. Off to swap the rubber and lenses, then I'll put up the "after" pics.

Well chuffed with these, possibly even a better deal than the £53.75 x-metals!

Glad to have helped.

It's not really imminent. I tightened up the left arm and the new left lens is a better fit, so it feels more together now than it did.

Great pair i got one new in box a rare poece especially a serialed pair does yours match the box??

Latest Posts

Back