• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Somewhat Realistic Dream Cars?

That's a great list and the three types you mentioned would pretty much cover any basis of automotive transportation.

The roadster would be for when you wanna ride solo, or a weekend warrior.

The sedan, obviously, for family or grocery getting.

The AWD coupe/hatch as a diverse terrain vehicle.

I'll likely have a good mix of the 3 types with a truck added in.

I had an AWD wagon. Volvo XC70. It was a FUN car to drive when the road was a bit out of sorts, but man it was SLOW. Comfortable as all heck though. If it was a V70R I might still have it. I wish I could get a V70R in good shape, but they haven't made them in years and they still go for big money.

I'm a big fan of hatches/wagons. I really wish the Audi A1 would come to the States. It's the size of the Mini and has a tuned 2.0L option good for mid-200's HP. Or if they brought the A3 back bring the 2-door with it.

I don't get why so many companies are abandoning the smaller 2-door cars. We're getting some cool, small 4-door cars, but the euro market gets 2-door and tuner versions of the same thing. They FINALLY made a new tuner Focus for the US, but Europe has had it for years, and they get it in 2-door. So I'm not buying it, I hate tight B pillars.

So I'm left with cars like the Mustang (considered it), Nissan Z (hell no), Camaro (terrible sight lines), Challenger (even worse, and it's Chrysler, blech), Audi TT, anda smattering of coupe versions of big cars (Audi A5, BMW 3-series coupe, Honda Accord Coupe, etc).

What's worse is that being both tall and fat I can't fit in most of the cars I like. Either the roof line is too low and I can't curl into a small enough ball to get in, or the b-pillar is so tight I have no peripheral vision, or it's just allout uncomfortable (damn you Mustang!).

So yeah, I pretty much know I won't ever drive most Ferrari or Lamborghini cars. Tiny Italians don't really make them cars for someone over 120lbs. The Germans are better in that regard, but the 4-door mid size (A6, 5-series) are still incredibly small for what they are.

I am a wildlife photographer and regularly drive along country roads that are in a poor state. I also head into the Scottish highlands in the winter so driving a Ford Focus is far from ideal.

My dream car (and will probably be my next car within the next 5 years) is a Toyota Hilux

Somewhat realistic are the TVR Speed 6. 400hp and 2400lbs Not extremely expensive, we just can't get them in the US
5320021969_9be808f1c9_z.jpg

Or the S65 AMG Luxurious, understated and fast. 604hp, 738lb-ft of torque 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why so many companies are abandoning the smaller 2-door cars. We're getting some cool, small 4-door cars, but the euro market gets 2-door and tuner versions of the same thing. They FINALLY made a new tuner Focus for the US, but Europe has had it for years, and they get it in 2-door. So I'm not buying it, I hate tight B pillars.

So I'm left with cars like the Mustang (considered it), Nissan Z (hell no), Camaro (terrible sight lines), Challenger (even worse, and it's Chrysler, blech), Audi TT, anda smattering of coupe versions of big cars (Audi A5, BMW 3-series coupe, Honda Accord Coupe, etc).

Ever consider the Hyundai Genesis Coupe? My brother has a 2013 r-spec with a V6. That thing hauls some serious ass.

Nothing against Kia or Hyundai, but I will NEVER own one of their pieces of ****. They got their foot in the door by cutting corners everywhere to cut costs. They have some of the worst-engineered cars on the road. Aside from the drivetrain, they're actually not too bad with those.

And yes, I've looked at a Genesis. I will never step foot back into the dealership that showed it to me.

I don't like that car at all. yuckie. Fast?

well it's pretty quick for the class... he was talking about nissan 370s and mustangs.... soooo I threw that out there. I wouldn't have one myself however. Was just wondering if he considered lol

And yes, I've looked at a Genesis. I will never step foot back into the dealership that showed it to me.

That's too bad. Nothing worse that leaving a dealership with a bad taste in your mouth.... I got asked to leave a dealership once because I didn't appear to be a serious buyer as I was a mere 18 years old.

Back