• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Somewhat Realistic Dream Cars?

well it's pretty quick for the class... he was talking about nissan 370s and mustangs.... soooo I threw that out there. I wouldn't have one myself however. Was just wondering if he considered lol

Understood.....I like my cars a little faaaaaaaster than that. ;)

That's too bad. Nothing worse that leaving a dealership with a bad taste in your mouth.... I got asked to leave a dealership once because I didn't appear to be a serious buyer as I was a mere 18 years old.

That is how dealers are....they judge you by looks... I knew a guy who walked into a Jaguar dealer with CASH and they had no clue...they ignored him cause he was dressed like your normal jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. He goes up to the guy and says "how much is that one right there?" The guy tells him and he pulls all his cash which was more than the car out and puts it on the table....then says ya know what? Considering the fact that I got ignored for over 30 minutes while I was walking around looking at stuff I think I'll go buy a car somewhere else.

Now this sounds like a story I would love to read about.
I was laid off for two months in 2012. January to March. During that time I went car shopping. I already knew I was going to get a car as soon as I could afford to, so I wanted to pick out what it would be so I could narrow my focus for when it came time to buy.

So there are a few auto malls around here. I decided to hit those on a Saturday and cover 90% of the makes. Two locations and I'll have done Subaru, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, Saab (they were still around then), Mercry, Lincoln, Cadillac, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Nissan, Audi, BMW, Chevy, Ford, Volvo, Mitsubishi, VW.

The second is a Chevy Truck dealer, Ford/Lincoln, Honda, Nissan, and a Kia/Saab/Hyundai/Subaru all within a mile stretch at Telegraph and I-696. The Mini Dealer moved to this area a couple months ago.

I hit the Honda and Nissan first, they're on the West side of the road. Sat in pretty much everything they offered. Nothing all that fun. Maybe the Maxima, but I think it's about $12,000 overpriced.

The Kia/Saab/Subaru/Hyundai is next, being the southern most on the east side of the street (I was doing a big U). I got in there and a guy came to talk to me right away. I explain to him I'm shopping around for cars, I know I want a small, fun car, but I'm open to options if I find "the" car. OK! So he shows me the Subaru WRX. I can't get in it. The roof is hitting me below the ear trying to get in. Ok, I'll go in head first. Nope, can't even sit in the car. Get out, I ask him if the seat is all the way down. He pushes the button and the seat doesn't move. "Yup, it won't move any more". Ok, so no go on the WRX, too bad.

Try a Legacy. Good fit, good room, etc. Outback is pretty much identical. Forester isn't quite as good. Ok, I'll try out a Legacy real quick. I explain that I've tested one with a CVT and DO NOT WANT A CVT. So we jump into a car aaaaaand guess what transmission it's got? Yeah, a CVT. Go get another one, drive it around. It's fun, but it doesn't really scoot like I'm looking for.

Ok, that's all the Subaru cars. He then asks me what option I'd be looking at, when I want to buy, who I've got a loan setup through, do I want to order one or get one off the lot, etc.

EXCUSE ME? I don't want one of these. And I'm NOT buying a new car. Not when Subarus depreciate by HALF when they come off gentle 2-year leases where some Hippie drove it to the pot farm and back.

Besides, I'm not decided at all. I'd like to look at the Saabs. He tells me that a test drive is just short of committing to buy. I tell him to **** off in not so many words. He leaves.

Oh well, I'm here I might as well look at the other cars they've got. I go to look at the WRX again, just to sigh and accept I won't get one. Another salesman comes over and shows me, goes to adjust the seat and says "oh the battery is dead, let me go get the jumper box". Yeah, so turns out I DO fit in them. Not well, but I can at least get in it.

Yeah, we're not even to the horror where I move into the half where the Korean cars are sold....

So at this point I figure I just had a piece of garbage salesman. They're out there, I get that. So new guy listens to my speech again about what I'm looking for. I tell him I've looked at everything over here (Saab/Subaru) but haven't been to the other side. Well let's go look at some of those! So we start looking at some Hyundais. Genesis sedan? No go. A couple of their SUVs? Worse. Surpisingly. Ok, how about some Kias?

At this point douche #1 shows back up and says "you're still here?" and guy #2 gets all pissy at ME "you're already working with a sales associate? why didn't you say something?" Right, like I wanted to talk to this doucher again.

Fine. Let's talk, since you won't leave me alone to play with the toys like every other dealership.

Doucher #1 asks me what I was looking at. I told him I was going through every model. I was about to get to the Kias. "Well how did you like the Hyundai models?" I tell him flatly I didn't really fit in them, the roofline is too short in most, and the dashboard is touching my knees in most(typical Asian car fashion).

So the ****** stares at me and says "Well it doesn't look like we've got anything else for you to waste your time with". Excuse me? "The Kia cars will be exactly the same. And you're not looking to buy the bigger sedans". Alright. We're done. I don't even want to ******* dance with his manager, I'm done.

So off I go. To a Ford dealer. Where I knew more about their cars than the 3 associates I spoke with (they were a bit slower).

God damn. What does it take for someone to get good service?

Gotta go with the C6 Corvette.
Drop dead sexy American, and world class sports car performance (more than a sane man can use) on a workingman's budget.
PLUS you can get service dahmmmm near next door.
You can even option upscale to the Z06 or ZL1 if you really need organ enhancement.

Gotta go with the C6 Corvette.
Drop dead sexy American, and world class sports car performance (more than a sane man can use) on a workingman's budget.
PLUS you can get service dahmmmm near next door.
You can even option upscale to the Z06 or ZL1 if you really need organ enhancement.
I know you meant ZR1 but we will just let that go. :p

Or you can go with a true monster like some of us have.....just go with a C6 Lingenfelter Z06 maxed out.

God damn. What does it take for someone to get good service?
Now that is just some unreal crap right there.....I just don't get the sales guys that just think if they get you into a car that means you basically are buying it.

demytare.jpg
e2azahy9.jpg
aqu4anen.jpg
hesaruhe.jpg
few of My bosses cars got to drive two of them sweet rides. Oh yea and these too
8uru5e8u.jpg
uda6ate4.jpg
4ebu4aba.jpg

Dream car would be a Lamborghini as I have loved them since I was a kid. Realistically would probably be a Nissan GT-R. A this point thou both are just a dream!

A forum member asked for some video so I hung a Go-Pro and shot a quick one last night:

Latest Posts

Back