• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Son Loses My Flaks...need Your Help

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I let my 15 year old son borrow a pair of my Flak Jackets on Sunday and, as luck would have it, he lost them (claims they were stolen, but you know how teenagers are). Anyway they were XLJs in Black Chrome with Tungsten Polarized...you know, the stock colorway that was available a couple of years back.

The kid feels pretty bad about it (not to mention his dad) cos he knows they were one of my faves...So if anyone out there has a pair like them they'd be willing to part with (or even just the black chrome frames), let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Some people reacted to this post.
Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope someone has what your looking for.

Thanks. Yeah, me too. I kinda lost it and yelled at him when he first told me the news, but then I realized he felt worse about it than I did. He's basically a good kid and I felt kinda bad afterwards. I told him I'd just get another pair. So I've been scouring the 'net now all day and didn't realize how tough this colorway is to find now. Thus my post here. Hopefully someone has a pair to spare or knows of some NOS sitting on a store shelf somewhere. Fingers crossed.

Username Hidden said:
I let my 15 year old son borrow a pair of my Flak Jackets on Sunday and, as luck would have it, he lost them (claims they were stolen, but you know how teenagers are). Anyway they were XLJs in Black Chrome with Tungsten Polarized...you know, the stock colorway that was available a couple of years back.

The kid feels pretty bad about it (not to mention his dad) cos he knows they were one of my faves...So if anyone out there has a pair like them they'd be willing to part with (or even just the black chrome frames), let me know. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I have fast jackets and half jackets I could help you with, but no flaks. I do have a set of Flak Tungsten Polar lenses floating around I will never use I can set you up with real cheap if you need them..Sorry to hear that man

PM sent.

I've got a spare pair of Polished Black/ Fire Irid XLJ Flaks I'd be willing to part with...

BNIB... Everything included.

Sorry for your loss but you know you have to get him his own pair now :)

I might have an extra black chrome frame...no lenses though.

Username Hidden said:
and I have the exact lenses, so we can help a brutha out!!

Username Hidden said:
and I have the exact lenses, so we can help a brutha out!!
That sounds great, doc! Thanks a zillion!

Username Hidden said:
Thanks for the replay, echav23. Between you and the doc, it looks like this could work out. Please check to see if you do, in fact, have the black chrome Flak frames. If so, that would be awesome.

I'll be sending both of you a PM shortly. Thanks again, guys!

Username Hidden said:
Sorry for your loss but you know you have to get him his own pair now :)
Heh, I think you may be right, atrain. His birthday is coming up...so that might be a good gift idea.

Username Hidden said:
I've got a spare pair of Polished Black/ Fire Irid XLJ Flaks I'd be willing to part with...

BNIB... Everything included.
Hmm...I definitely want to try to get my black chromes back, but I just might take you up due to atrain's comment. I'll ask my son if he'd dig polished black/fire as a birthday gift. (And here I am thinking about rewarding him for losing my Oakleys...oh well, like I said, he's a good kid). I'll let you know.

Back