• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sonos Audio?

Lexkempo

Frog Fanatic
Montreal - South Shore
Anyone buy/try any of the Sonos product line?

Personally, I bought the Play Bar and I find it outstanding!!!

It brings regular tv watching to a new dimension of sound. It's not a home theatre in a box kind of deal as it doesn't really 'do' surround sound. But it does add massive amounts of life ( depth, clarity, soundstage whatever audio heads call it) to regular tv. It also connects with your home network and can stream from your audio library of from many online music providers.

All in all I'm thoroughly impressed by the product! It incorporates flawlessly with my harmony remotes and every iOS device I have. I stream my music from a USB key tucked into my router so my computers don't always have to be on 24/7.

Pros: great sound, easy to install, expandable system, great software

Cons: expensive as hell ( everything extra definitely costs extra eg: bracket for 50$ and 60$ For a wireless streaming device), no Bluetooth and no line in, the sub costs as much as the bar itself

I give it two thumbs up!

Anyone else a satisfied Sonos owner? Is it worth expanding the system? Is the sub worth it?

Sound off if you have a few moments to spare

asetydy4.jpg

I had the whole amp/receiver with wall hanging speaker and a rats nest of wires hanging all over... I'm glad to be rid of that and simplified everything... Looks a lot cleaner!

Gonna go out on a limb here and say you have a kid or two... (my house looks exactly the same)

I have a Sonos system in my place 2 x connect amps ,one for the kitchen,dining area powering a pair of Bower an Wilkins speakers,another for the outdoor area connected to a pair of sonance speakers, a portable play 5 and also the play bar and sub you described.The sub adds yet another layer of audio brilliance to the play bar,and I highly recommend it.
I agree the system is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for,any one using the system will be impressed by its ease of installation and sheer audio quality,the controller app is great too ,and once you have more than one component you can group them to play the same tracks or they can play different tracks at different volumes in each area you have a component.

I am a big fan ,we simply don't use any other music devices now.

I have a Sonos system in my place 2 x connect amps ,one for the kitchen,dining area powering a pair of Bower an Wilkins speakers,another for the outdoor area connected to a pair of sonance speakers, a portable play 5 and also the play bar and sub you described.The sub adds yet another layer of audio brilliance to the play bar,and I highly recommend it.
I agree the system is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for,any one using the system will be impressed by its ease of installation and sheer audio quality,the controller app is great too ,and once you have more than one component you can group them to play the same tracks or they can play different tracks at different volumes in each area you have a component.

I am a big fan ,we simply don't use any other music devices now.
Considering the play bar wasn't planned and I'm paying instalments till mid June... Let's just say the wife won't be saying 'yes' to the Sub until at least 2015!

I'm ok with that, I plan on having the playbar for a looooooong while!

Latest Posts

Back