• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Soon to be X-Metal owner.

WILL-I-AM

I should Work at Oakley
New Mexico
Hello all,
Been a long time Oakley fan and enthusiast. I have collected many different styles over the years, but have never owned or even tried on a pair of X-Metals. I'm very soon wanting to buy a pair off the exchange here but have some questions and concerns. I am falling in love with the X Squared based off appearance and style alone. My main concerns are fit. Like I said, I have never tried on a pair and will be purchasing a pair to wear. Also, a concern of mine is maintenance and repairs/tune-ups when needed. Obviously, Oakley does not perform warranty or repairs anymore, so this is a concern. After reading through posts, it appears there are some third party options and forum members that provide this service. So, just some thoughts that have been going through my head as I make a decision and jump in. Any thoughts, comments, concerns and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

First. Have no fear. The third party guys on her will be able to take care of you should you have any concerns.
Second. WEAR THEM and don't be scared to hurt them. They are built to take the beating and there's pretty much nothing you can do to them that can't be fixed.

Don't be concerned that Oakley no longer services them - the x-man is better, faster, and cheaper anyway.

The only real way to address fitting concerns is to try them on. With XS, if you don't like them, you can sell them again. Just don't overpay and you shouldn't lose anything...

Thanks, yeah that's what I figure. Of course I would like to try on a pair before I purchase, but I personally don't know anyone that has a pair. I have a Oakley Vault less than an hour drive. I may stop by and maybe someone there will either have a pair or know someone who does and would be willing to let me try them on. I doubt it, but you never know haha. If I was to purchase a pair and they end up not being a fit, I agree reselling is a good option. The key part is not overpaying, and be stuck eating the cost. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I have a Oakley Vault less than an hour drive. I may stop by and maybe someone there will either have a pair or know someone who does and would be willing to let me try them on. I doubt it, but you never know haha.

Yeah, the odds of that happening are a pretty long shot. Still, any excuse to swing by a Vault is a good excuse... ;)

Back