• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SOS Mumbo Neon Help

bandit.sunglasses

I should Work at Oakley
Hey All,
I just picked up a mumbo neon M Frame (one of my grails). Unfortunately, one tab on the arm has cracked off. I'm hoping to glue it just so I can display it until I can source a new one. Does anyone have any advice or glues that work well on these early frames? It broke in a really difficult spot, but if there's a will there's a way!
Also, if you have an extra arm PLEASE let me know!
Thank you so much!

20201123_113412.jpg

Appreciate ya! Planning on super gluing the broken piece to the arm at an angle just to get the arm to stay on. Then I'll display it at an angle hiding the bad side until I can get an arm.
Sucks because the rest of the frame is mint and not brittle at all. Previous owner broke the arm 10ish years ago.

Serilium wax mega brittle on the mumbos and splatter frames

Having been here myself I wouldn’t glue them, I’d just leave as is until you find anew arm

Damn no! I’d forsure try and stay away from the glue if possible.

maybe keep the display as a broken mumbo and look for another one. They’re just so brittle it’s sad :/

Damn no! I’d forsure try and stay away from the glue if possible.

maybe keep the display as a broken mumbo and look for another one. They’re just so brittle it’s sad :/
It's so sad. I glued the broken piece back on just to display it and hide that side. The second I locked the second corner of the lens in, the frame stress cracked on the main frame, never stood a chance. I'm just selling at this point. Maybe someone else has an arm.

Back