• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
The USA splatter is definitely become a popular one..
20190615_081337.jpg
20190615_081347.jpg
20190615_081342.jpg
20190615_081402.jpg
20190615_081357.jpg
20190615_081352.jpg

So... how does this work? You spray-painted this withtranslucent colored paint, I presume?
I apologize I missed this. To be honest it would be difficult to explain step by step on a pair or pairs like this. I'd have to do a video(it would be long). The blends take me time. Quite a bit actually. One of the more involved pairs to do. Clearing a frame is simple though. Acetone and a rag. Basically a wiskey fade. For some reason that paint is extremely easy to remove which isnt normal for Oakley. I make my own basecoats from powdered pigments. It took me tons of trial and error to get the colours correct to the actual blends but I can tell you its damn close. When I do a frog I have to sign them. I had forgotten to do that on a few I sold actually. Unfortunately I've seen a few of mine up for sale on Ebay for thousands. I can always tell when it's my work. Just keep at it and try new things. Never get frustrated or give up. Be prepared to make mistakes and have to correct them. Try not to settle and be happy with your product. I dont hide my processes at all but this one I'd have to have you standing beside me while i did it.

Back