• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I'm not taking on anything really anymore. Just work for close friends. @zwc0442 or @Bonz-1 or @Rick58 or @Wavecloud’s Customisation can help folks out. I just don't have the time anymore. Or the patience to deal with people asking for their stuff back within a week of receiving it. It sucks the fun outta doing custom work. Just focusing on family and friends now.

I'm not taking on anything really anymore. Just work for close friends. @zwc0442 or @Bonz-1 or @Rick58 or @Wavecloud’s Customisation can help folks out. I just don't have the time anymore. Or the patience to deal with people asking for their stuff back within a week of receiving it. It sucks the fun outta doing custom work. Just focusing on family and friends now.
I feel the same exact way Brian. I've pretty much shut things down myself for that reason too. When it's not enjoyable anymore it's time to stop.

Why I’m kinda just doing my own thing and not really commissions.

I feel the same exact way Brian. I've pretty much shut things down myself for that reason too. When it's not enjoyable anymore it's time to stop.
It's been a minute for both of us I think...hasn't it. I had a few moments where I went back and forth on the concept of wanting to still do it but I had an opportunity to start my own business here at home doing what I love to do so that's been my focus. Not taking custom sunglasses work has taken the pressure right off. I certainly won't turn everything away from past friends that ask for a pair here or there but for the vast majority ill keep saying no. I think I have about 7 here still or so left but those are folks I Like to do work for and have the upmost understanding about timing. I feel guilty I haven't finished some stuff I owe other people too but even those I'll get to. Do u have like a moment where you decided it wasn't what you wanted to do anymore? I gotta tell u I've probably done 500 frames or more now for clients and friends over 6 years or so. I'll miss the attention and the affirmation of the likes on Instagram and or here but it's time I think to stop before I piss anyone off. Lol.

Why I’m kinda just doing my own thing and not really commissions.
I did that for a bit too but there is something about finishing a project and having the client rave about their stuff that kept me drawn in. Making someone's specific ideas come to life had this appeal to it for a long time. Even most of my cerakotes have gone bad. **** is bloody expensive to replace.

It's been a minute for both of us I think...hasn't it. I had a few moments where I went back and forth on the concept of wanting to still do it but I had an opportunity to start my own business here at home doing what I love to do so that's been my focus. Not taking custom sunglasses work has taken the pressure right off. I certainly won't turn everything away from past friends that ask for a pair here or there but for the vast majority ill keep saying no. I think I have about 7 here still or so left but those are folks I Like to do work for and have the upmost understanding about timing. I feel guilty I haven't finished some stuff I owe other people too but even those I'll get to. Do u have like a moment where you decided it wasn't what you wanted to do anymore? I gotta tell u I've probably done 500 frames or more now for clients and friends over 6 years or so. I'll miss the attention and the affirmation of the likes on Instagram and or here but it's time I think to stop before I piss anyone off. Lol.

I promise to publicly pronounce my undying love for your talents. 😘

I hope that gets me on your exclusive list for another set or two ? :cool:

Back