• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SPAM! How Do We Stop It?

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I've noticed that there's been a huge rise in spam during the past few days. Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions to prevent this?

Also a fun fact, report the spam posts by clicking the black triangle with exclamation point below the post. That will immediately notify a moderator so that they can delete it. It'd be better if we all did this instead of posting in those threads.

A Captcha generator on the page where you create a new thread or possibly on the make new post section temporarily might help. However, I know everyone including myself pretty much hates those. Might be worth a little frustration for a couple weeks to cull the bots.

A Captcha generator on the page where you create a new thread or possibly on the make new post section temporarily might help. However, I know everyone including myself pretty much hates those. Might be worth a little frustration for a couple weeks to cull the bots.

It's gotta be where you create a new account.

Oops. I answered the latest one before I read this. Sorry.

Maybe make the join feature a little more difficult for obvious spammers? But then how to filter them out against good people?

I just set up a re-captcha for the registration page. We'll see how it does compared to the current system of question and answer. Hopefully it helps curb some of the spam.

I am interested to see how much it helps.

Pretty much every forum/comment section is getting hammered hard lately. Even the big guys like Engadget and Gizmodo are struggling with it.

Back