• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SPAM! How Do We Stop It?

Maybe we should go back to the question/answer verification then if CAPTCHA is bringing more spammers in. But maybe we should have a better question this time around.

Are we implementing the verification code via email? Entering that particular code being sent to email address before they can access OF.

Are we implementing the verification code via email? Entering that particular code being sent to email address before they can access OF.

We already have a system like this in place which forces users to verify their email via a link emailed after registering.

Yeh switching back to the Q&A verification seems to have drastically cut spam.

On a forum that I owned we just had manual account activation and we filtered the spam accounts ourselves. I know it's a lot of extra work, but the most effective though...

That's what I do on my forum UKPaddleSports.. Any new members have to be approved. It filtered out the spam bots without fail! :)

Put it so they can view threads as they would normally be logged in but can not make any posts for a day or till approved.

Back