• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spider-webbed +Red Iridium Lenses In Ti Whisker Frames

They very well could have been sat on or something. It was one real crazy day out on the lake. We actually thought they were dropped overboard.

Found your post in a google search. I have had the EXACT same issue with 2 sets of lense now. I believe it is due to heat damage. My new second set has been well taken care of besides leaving them in the microfibre bag, inside a hard case, in the car in the heat. They have not been bent, sat on or put in any kind of water. This is the second set now and am going to contact Oakley. Unfortunately I have not gotten them directly from Oakley or a dealer, but rather both sets from e-bay, but they were mint when I got them. I'll post back anything I find out!

Thanks for the heads up. I remember it being really hot the day that happened to my lenses. Hopefully Oakley will do something for us.

Found your post in a google search. I have had the EXACT same issue with 2 sets of lense now. I believe it is due to heat damage. My new second set has been well taken care of besides leaving them in the microfibre bag, inside a hard case, in the car in the heat. They have not been bent, sat on or put in any kind of water. This is the second set now and am going to contact Oakley. Unfortunately I have not gotten them directly from Oakley or a dealer, but rather both sets from e-bay, but they were mint when I got them. I'll post back anything I find out!
Thanks for the heads up. I remember it being really hot the day that happened to my lenses. Hopefully Oakley will do something for us.

I figured I'd run a search and see if anyone has seen this. Mine did this a couple of weeks ago in the car. They stay in the car and I know that they didn't get sat on or stressed from bending. Put them on and started to notice a reflection.
At first I thought that I had a finger print so when I got out of the car I cleaned them and noticed in the light a reflection.
Hair line fracture runs. One of the lenses has a spot that looks as though a thumb print was left. Possible from being cut.
I don't know how this could have happened but it deffinitely did it from a couple of hot days this spring. Kinda funny that it took this long though because they have been in the car since I got them last year.
I have only seen this from like before stated of sitting on them. It's weird how they may have a manufacture flaw. Has anyone contacted Oakley and gotten a response on this. As I have a pair that I haven't pulled out of the box since I first got them. I think I will be checking them tonight just to be sure. I guess it's just another set of lenses I'll be putting an order in to Dr.Chop.

Damage lense

I don't have the problem with spider-web lense..
but I do have the problem of lense peeling-off..

I have a pair of oakley Speechless Polarized, I bought it in 2010, but never use it since my gf dun like the fit of this oakley and would go for a adidas.. I kept in the display cabinet since then. One day I took my oakleys out for cleaning, and was shock to see this lense coating peeling off when I rinse under tab water. (just plain water, no soap!)
Speechless8.jpg

Speechless9.jpg

I do accept that the problem since I wear oakleys for cycles and other sports.. Almost nothing can stand long after the sweat and the heat in Malaysia!!
But this Speechless Polarized was never used, not even expose to heat or sunlight!

I bought for her, let her try, but she return back to me since the fitting was not good on her...

Back