• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spine case / weight

bahamayellow

I should Work at Oakley
Hello just curious how heavy the spine case is. I know plexiglass is lighter but it looks heavy. I have a single metal tower which isn’t bad. The women’s case was heavy as heck There’s one in my area and it would have to go up a flight stairs or down to the basement. Thanks

It is pretty heavy. Some how my wife and I were able to get it upstairs and into my Oakley room.

Damn I was hoping it wasn’t I’m not a small guy but heavier things are getting harder to move as I get older. Maybe have to wait for another single mega tower or stretch line if it comes up but never seen one of those here yet.

Damn I was hoping it wasn’t I’m not a small guy but heavier things are getting harder to move as I get older. Maybe have to wait for another single mega tower or stretch line if it comes up but never seen one of those here yet.
Don't wait. Spine cases are awesome. Pay someone if you shift it if have to!!!

I got mine and an RX case 300 for both. The spine did not have a power source for the lights. I added a toggle switch and a transformer from a train set and works great.

There is a version of the premium tower (spine) that has a lighted bottom. Mine only came with the halogens on top which I have converted to LEDs.

15598821475914691902489712824843.jpg

The Spine case is HEAVY. Heaviest of all the cases I would assume or it could just be that it’s so awkward to move.

If you do buy it, replace those halogens with LEDs ASAP. The Halogen bulbs bake all the plastic housings and receptacles around them and it will all just crumble apart eventually. You definitely don’t want to lose the nice suspended lighting feature that is specific to the Spine.

The Spine case is HEAVY. Heaviest of all the cases I would assume or it could just be that it’s so awkward to move.

If you do buy it, replace those halogens with LEDs ASAP. The Halogen bulbs bake all the plastic housings and receptacles around them and it will all just crumble apart eventually. You definitely don’t want to lose the nice suspended lighting feature that is specific to the Spine.

Do you know if the base can be detached without taking the whole thing apart. Might make it easier for me.

Do you know if the base can be detached without taking the whole thing apart. Might make it easier for me.

I know this was a topic of discussion on the forum previously but I don’t recall the definitive answer.

I’m certain it does disassemble but I’m unsure as to what extent. Maybe these pics will help. Basically the actual “Spines” down each side seem to be one piece including the feet. I think the only piece you could remove without disassembling the whole thing would be the grey storage cabinet portion which really doesn’t add much weight or awkwardness to moving the display in it’s entirety.

Last edited:
Back