• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splatter Paint Job

CharlieKane

Oakley Beginner
hey guys! i ive been looking at this section of the forum a lot latley, and seeing all the splatter paint jobs, how do you guys do it? im thinking about making a pair of splatters and i want them to look really good, does anyone have any tips or videos or anything? thanks in advance!

yeah batwolf! i was just looking at some of your customs, any tips? im thinking i want to try to make kind of replica of the moda3 frogskins if i end up making a pair. and thanks BriP! i pmd jono a few minutes ago!

and pm replied haha! like what these guys have mentioned, Bats and the good Dr are the gurus in this area, so yeah, your questions will be answered for sure. =)

thanks for the tips everyone! if i end up doing it ill post some pics, i need to find a cheap pair to paint 1st though!

of course batters! with all the hype with Dr. Chop's Jupiter Radar lately, and having met jonoyong in person, they were top off my head. have you done any cool customs lately Batters?

Sadly no, my current living arrangement doesn't make it very easy to paint anymore. I think I'm actually gonna have to pay Chop to do one!

As far as tips go, wipe the frame down with rubbing alcohol to prep and use model paint to splatter with.

Splatter paint are by far my favorite Oakley sunglasses in my collection. Could I see some pictures of your work of art. Been thinking about doing my own splatters myself but would need some step by step instructions.

Back