• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splice And Splice

Dang, nice collection! These are prob. by favorite design but I find that they feel just a little too small for my fat face after wearing Monster Dogs forever now.

I've discussed it here before. Forgot with who and i'm too lazy to dig up the thread, but from what i remember the Asian Fit Unknown lenses supposedly fits better. The standard Unknown lenses fit, but might have a slight gap from viewing from the inside. Since Oakleyvault has the STD lenses right now, i decided to buy a set in dark grey to try them on a pair of Back Country Splice that has some messed up lenses.

I just got them in, so i'll pop them in tonight and post up results tonight or tomorrow.

So i popped the standard sized Unknown lenses in and they fit just fine.

The lenses in the top were the original Splice lenses. The bottom are the Unknown lenses. They're virtually identical.

14706169600_637bd02e4b_b.jpg

And the lenses mounted into the frame. No gaps and no issues when putting the frames back together.

14869869166_f9d1a81015_b.jpg

14706172940_af974a95a5_b.jpg

The only bad news is that the Unknown lenses only came in the following colors (According to O-Review): Bronze Pol, BI, D.Grey, Gold, BIP, G30, Ruby Clear, Gold Clear

Oakleyvault.com only has the D.Grey and the Gold at the time of this posting. It worked out well for me as the original Grey lenses in this pair of Back Country Splice were scratched and i was about to commission a set of grey lenses to be cut, but at the obvious premium even though the color was boring. The Dark Grey lenses only cost me $13 shipped from Oakley and at that price point, i can't say no to that :)

So i popped the standard sized Unknown lenses in and they fit just fine.

The lenses in the top were the original Splice lenses. The bottom are the Unknown lenses. They're virtually identical.

14706169600_637bd02e4b_b.jpg

And the lenses mounted into the frame. No gaps and no issues when putting the frames back together.

14869869166_f9d1a81015_b.jpg

14706172940_af974a95a5_b.jpg

The only bad news is that the Unknown lenses only came in the following colors (According to O-Review): Bronze Pol, BI, D.Grey, Gold, BIP, G30, Ruby Clear, Gold Clear

Oakleyvault.com only has the D.Grey and the Gold at the time of this posting. It worked out well for me as the original Grey lenses in this pair of Back Country Splice were scratched and i was about to commission a set of grey lenses to be cut, but at the obvious premium even though the color was boring. The Dark Grey lenses only cost me $13 shipped from Oakley and at that price point, i can't say no to that :)

awesome bro!! thanks!

Thx a bunch. I was hoping for IIP so i mite have to look into aftermarket lenses then. By any chance,do you own a plate also?

Thx a bunch. I was hoping for IIP so i mite have to look into aftermarket lenses then. By any chance,do you own a plate also?

The Splice never had an option for Ice Iridium Polarized (if that's what you mean by IIP). There's plenty of aftermarket though (ebay).

As for the Plate; yes, i do. All three colorways to be specific. Why?