• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splice Lens Removal/Aftermarket Questions

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Okay....this is exploratory and in advance of my new pair arriving but I'm brainstorming some options. Does anyone have any history removing the screws on the Splice and swapping out the lenses....most importantly any issues on the FMJ frames with removing screws that have never been pulled causing FMJ damage etc.? Secondly, I'm considering either a custom cut or Exovista to change up the lens color to either a Liquid Metal or more likely a Ruby....anyone do that before and if so...got PICS? Curious what it looks like. FYI, this would all be happening with the FMJ/Polished Black frame.

I know that when I had my gunmetal/black emerald ones returned from Oakley UK some years ago after having new lenses fitted some of the coating had come off around one of the top screws & also one of the orbitals at the top so I would go careful. Not sure if the screw goes into a threaded metal insert or the O-matter so again you would need to be careful so as not to strip the threads out.

I replaced mine with the liquid metal Exovista lenses. They were a little wobbly, but didn't come out. Still bugged me though. I don't like their lenses...the tint is really dark compared to Oakley's. I feel it's darker and more boring than the Black Iridium. I did run into issues though. When I was swapping the original lenses, the screw broke off inside the threads. So now, I'm looking for a bottom part from another Splice to attach my Chrome piece too lol. I would be careful. It's not hard though.

HI!

Is there any compatible lenses that fits Splice models?
Is there any other frame that fits the same lenses?

Thanks!

Back