• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

šŸ¦˜Splice Linegear Earsocks Review

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Updated on 5th October by @cacatman

Linegear Splice Earsock Review
Linegear is well known for making both high quality aftermarket lenses and coloured earsocks for X-metals.

The rubber they use for the splice earsocks seems very similar to the Linegear nosepieces for X-metals.

How Linegear differs from OEM:-
- Available in a wider range of colours
- Slightly softer compound than OEM (but not much in it)
- Slightly more matte than OEM (but will probably change with age and skin oils)
- Slightly more slippery than OEM
- Ever so slightly longer than OEM (by probably a quarter of a mm - I compared with mint unused OEM earsocks)
- There is no "Made in the USA CE"/"Splice CE" markings on the Linegear product
- The "relief" print on the earsocks are not as well defined/sharp as OEM

Impressions
Slightly more comfortable than OEM when wearing for extended periods of time. They are not as "grippy" as OEM (noticeable when taking splices on and off head), although to be honest, it's not really an issue because of the reasonably snug fit of Splices anyhow (for me, at least).

I like the fact that they are slightly longer than OEM (so that they sit tight on the frame).

The relief print on the earsocks is not quite as well defined as OEM, but you really need to have them side by side with OEM to tell. What is pretty cool is that they on the outer edge, the "waves" are in relief, but on the inside edge, the "waves"are reverse relief. This is exactly the same as OEM. Some replacement aftermarket splice ear shocks have NO "waves" on them at all. This is a nice touch by Linegear.

Personally, I like the texture of Linegear nosepieces as well as these earsocks.

Given the scarcity of OEM these days, as well as the wide colour range available with Linegear, give these a whirl if you're considering aftermarket!

OEM black vs Linegear blue. Left side are the outer edge, right side are the inner edge
F4CDCF9E-4FE1-4AF1-92B0-228F51464FF6.jpeg

Closeup of the wave relief comparison
5DD15E5B-A571-45AC-A06F-5FCD709E0AB9.jpeg

B56B07DC-4019-49E3-86B2-84544046E040.jpeg

Ends are cut almost identically. Blue is Linegear, black OEM
2A48E169-0D22-405D-AE67-0F612D45973F.jpeg

Shiny OEM vs more matte colour Linegear
16F90FC3-A7A5-4833-8338-FC78D2CD4337.jpeg

949858EE-537E-404C-A0F7-064546FB853E.jpeg

@Linegear Japan/@Japanese Jellyfish

Last edited:
Back