• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splice Of Life

yeahhh finally got my first splice. sexy thing. really is one of oakleys epitomal pieces.
all the technology coming together.. unobtainium socks and nosepads; FMJ technology; torx frame assembly with design cues of both the juliet and Romeo.. and crystal blue!! love it. More of a connesieur piece compared to a juliet nowadays i reckon, which are almost dime a dozen and every other guy with $350 to spare has one.
daba080a-36c2-dd68.jpg

nice pickup! :thumb: i had the same colorway years back... then sold it off to a friend.
Damn... now i wish i didn't do that...

I love my Splice. Was the second frame I ever bought just as it came out here in the UK. Wasn't into Oakley at the time but I knew about their glasses & so wanted a good set of sunnies for the holiday to the USA. I now just need to find new Emerald Lenses for them so I can wear mine more often, which is impossible. Look after them as parts are all but none existant for the frame.

fitwise i'd day around the juliet as well, but omatter is more forgiving than xmetal, and i feel can fit a wider range of head sizes. the styling is very agressive, very loud.

this isnt the best example but its a
great user pair. i'll no doubt want more lenses for it too, i guess theres always dr chop. also i hear unknown lenses are a direct fit? :) im gonna be asking for some right now.

Back