• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splice Vs. Plate-Size And Fit

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
How close are these two models in size/coverage and fit?

I want to say the Plate APPEARS to be bigger in the orbitals and provide a bit more coverage but its hard to tell without ever having worn both

Plate has larger frame orbitals and is wider then splice.

Coverage depends on the size of your head.....

well I guess I'll find out about the fit first hand. won an auction for a (hopefully as described) "very good used" condition 24K Plate for $162. Same seller had a Black version up I could have had for the same price but not really wanting to spend that much right now especially when I'm flirting with adding a Splice back into the collection.

If you end up deciding you don't want your newly acquired 24K Plate, i'd love to trade my FMJ/Ice Splice for it :smile:

I'll make a note of that....I'm not too worried about fit from what I've seen I should be happy with that....its just a matter if they make me look like a freak-though with the Plate perhaps that's the point ha ha ha. I love the Splice and the look I just wish it was a little bit bigger in the orbitals

Do you have a favorite colorway amongst your Splice collection?

I'll make a note of that....I'm not too worried about fit from what I've seen I should be happy with that....its just a matter if they make me look like a freak-though with the Plate perhaps that's the point ha ha ha. I love the Splice and the look I just wish it was a little bit bigger in the orbitals

Do you have a favorite colorway amongst your Splice collection?

The fit should be fine if you like the fit of the Splice. From what i can remember, they're very close. The Plate has a slight curve to the earstem though so that may make it or break it for you. The Plate is VERY loud though. I've worn my Bronze pair out and people stare every time.

If i had to choose one pair of the 5 i own, it'd be the Gunmetal/Polished Black/Emerald. My first pair of Splice and still my absolute favorite.

The fit should be fine if you like the fit of the Splice. From what i can remember, they're very close. The Plate has a slight curve to the earstem though so that may make it or break it for you. The Plate is VERY loud though. I've worn my Bronze pair out and people stare every time.

If i had to choose one pair of the 5 i own, it'd be the Gunmetal/Polished Black/Emerald. My first pair of Splice and still my absolute favorite.

I love wearing my Plate's. I'd say they wrap around your face slightly more that the Splice. The Gunmetal is my fav colour of the Splice too. It's the only colourway I have in the model, not 100% keen on any of the others.

Latest Posts

Back