• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SpliceD’s Semi Retirement Collection

Thanks @Brettc10 ! I have you to thank for that SC themed MD ;)

Been thinking about going to IKEA to get the Dioder LED light strip to brighten up the case. The middle shelves feel a bit dark.

Reason being you have too many pair on the upper shelves blocking all the light!! Ha ha!!

Great idea that would really brighten it up.

The USC customs we both have are sweet. For sure one of my favorites of all the customs I have done.
Fight on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This site is such a money pit. Still not sure why i decided to come back and be active again. Both my bank account and my wife hate me.

Some new pickups.

1.) Ti02 themed custom hammerstem Juliet, courtesy of @lacampbell2005
IMG-4069.JPG

2.) Custom by @zwc0442 to match the Ichrio 24k hammerstem Juliet that Ichiro wore and was a one off and never offered as an official colorway.
IMG-4070.JPG

3.) Gold anodized Juliet, courtesy of @Drewblood419
IMG-4071.JPG

4.) Silver Flak frame from @"TRUMP" and @cacatman that i popped some Prizm Golf into. Will be wearing this whenever i can find time to go out to play
IMG-4072.JPG

5.) Rootbeer Flak from @BoostBear that i popped in some Daily Prizm Polarized lenses in.
IMG-4073.JPG

6.) Splice Matte Black/Crystal Black with Linegear Saxe Blue Lenses
IMG-4074.JPG

7.) Flak Jacket XLJ Polished Black/Bronze Polarized, Courtesy of @BoostBear
IMG-4075.JPG

This site is such a money pit. Still not sure why i decided to come back and be active again. Both my bank account and my wife hate me.

Some new pickups.

1.) Ti02 themed custom hammerstem Juliet, courtesy of @lacampbell2005
View attachment 534232

2.) Custom by @zwc0442 to match the Ichrio 24k hammerstem Juliet that Ichiro wore and was a one off and never offered as an official colorway.
View attachment 534233

3.) Gold anodized Juliet, courtesy of @Drewblood419
View attachment 534234

4.) Silver Flak frame from @"TRUMP" and @cacatman that i popped some Prizm Golf into. Will be wearing this whenever i can find time to go out to playView attachment 534235

5.) Rootbeer Flak from @BoostBear that i popped in some Daily Prizm Polarized lenses in.
View attachment 534236

6.) Splice Matte Black/Crystal Black with Linegear Saxe Blue Lenses
View attachment 534237

7.) Flak Jacket XLJ Polished Black/Bronze Polarized, Courtesy of @BoostBear
View attachment 534238

All very nice!

Sorry for the crappy photos, but here's what i've been up to since the last time i updated my collection...

Thanks to @zwc0442, @Chris A Hardaway, and @Zax for "completing" my Splice Collection. The Murasaki and Kenseth are clones, but they're close enough for me to enjoy them. Also thanks to @Zax for the custom Splice!
IMG-6633.JPG

@Chris A Hardaway for the Prizm Golf Cuts and @Jakeracefox for the DWP that went into a Socom Blue XX done up by @zwc0442 . Special thanks to @Dyeraudio for the frames to do the custom job
IMG-6636.JPG

Had @zwc0442 polish and re-anodize the gold Juliets i bought from @Drewblood419. This will be my dedication piece to him. Just made them shine a bit more in your honor. Rest in peace, my friend. Hope you're rockin' those R1's up in the clouds.
IMG-6638.JPG

@Oakster for an additional Fonseca Antix to my collection. Popped in a pair of Gold Iridium i had laying around.
IMG-6639.JPG

@ODog13 for the Silver/Fire Racing Jackets. I also picked up a pair of Green icons off eBay to match the vented Jade in the History Text pair.
IMG-6640.JPG

An overall shot. Sold off some stuff and rearranged.
IMG-6641.JPG

Close up of the Prizm Golf lenses
IMG-6642.JPG

Close up of the Socom Blue XMXX. The finish looks matte black in low light. I need to wait for some sunlight to see if i can capture the blue tint that's supposed to show up on the frames. Been raining quite a bit here in Socal the last couple weeks.
IMG-6643.JPG

Yes, i still consider myself semi-retired :behindsofa:

Last edited:
Almost forgot. Special surprise beater HJ frame in the mail from @Zax

Thanks!

Frames were in decent condition despite some scratching all over the polished frames, rubbers were shot, and the "Oakley" Text on the nosebridge was scrached up. I was able to scratch off the rest of the text with my fingernail. Finished off the resurrection of the frames using Revant lenses and rubber.

CA6259EF-C888-4B6C-AC1A-F891E9ACBF92.jpeg

Back