• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Splicing the Iridium

Oontz

Oakley Expert
The Gulf Coast
So the past two months I've been downsizing my collection to what I wear the most, and I've decided that the Splice is the most comfortable frame to wear on a regular basis for me.

I had a pair of Amber Black Iridium Polarized that I cut for an Eye Jacket but was never happy with the look to the point I didn't wear them. This morning I finally got around took me two hours to Dremel & Sanding the edges up for a Gunmetal Splice.

Here is one of many more customs I plan on doing for my Splice Collection. I will be posting pictures here.

Splice Gunmetal, Polish Black, Gunmetal Icon, Amber Black Iridium Polarized

Oakley Splice Gunmetal Amber Black Iridium Polarized (1).jpg
Oakley Splice Gunmetal Amber Black Iridium Polarized (2).jpg

Last edited:
Never heard of Splice but I sure like it, lol!!!! Thanks for adding to my addiction!!!!

Those lenses look very nice in that frame. I can't wait to see what other customs you will be doing.

Amber Black Iridium Polarized is a bit special. I mostly use mine when skiing and cycling since it brightens up everything, improves contrast while still being dark enough to work in full sunshine and snow. The colors are a bit off so I rarely use it when not doing sport activities.

I have a more Splices coming soon. Not just lens cutting but a few paint jobs as well I just need to figure out color combination with lenses. My collection is very metallic / monochromatic in the grey tones.
Those lenses look very nice in that frame. I can't wait to see what other customs you will be doing.
Thanks, I have about 3 more Splices I want to do for my collection soon as I can get more Splice Frames/Parts in.

Amber Black Iridium Polarized is a bit special. I mostly use mine when skiing and cycling since it brightens up everything, improves contrast while still being dark enough to work in full sunshine and snow. The colors are a bit off so I rarely use it when not doing sport activities.
I had lasik last year and now have 20/15 vision and I live right next to the beach so these lenses make everything super sharp for me. This morning we had such terrible fog so I tried the ABP on to see what it would do, I was shock how well I could see. It felt like it gave me an extra 30 feet. I wish I could get more ABP lenses but there so damn hard to find now.

I had lasik last year and now have 20/15 vision and I live right next to the beach so these lenses make everything super sharp for me. This morning we had such terrible fog so I tried the ABP on to see what it would do, I was shock how well I could see. It felt like it gave me an extra 30 feet. I wish I could get more ABP lenses but there so damn hard to find now.
Really? =) I will cut mine last then.

that was a fast grab when you were looking for these frames BTW. very ninja like lol

Back