• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split Jacket Vs Jawbone?

Dardonardo

Oakley Expert
Spain
Hi everybody, I seem to recall to have read somewhere that Split jackets and jawbones use the same lenses. Anyone can confirm?

I already have a pair of jawbones and have been offered a fairly cheap a pair of split jackets. What are the differences between them?

Jawbones sit quite high on your face, going well over my eyebrows, is it the same with split jackets?

Thanks in advance!!

They do not split jacket lenses are smaller. it is Jawbones and racing jackets that use the same lenses. Split jacket frames are a bit smaller then the jawbones also. they should sit the same on your nose though as they use the same nose pads

Thanks!! So split jacket are like a smaller version of jawbones?
Yes. I have the Split Jacket. Mine is the matte black frame. I tried on the Jawbone and find it to be too big and gawdy for everyday use. The Split Jacket is just the right size for me. I recommend you give both of them a try first before deciding to make a purchase.

13327057623_0eb722d27e_c.jpg

Thanks! I have a pair of jawbones and as you say they are big! I use them for cycling mainly but maybe the split jacket will be more suitable for everyday use. This guy is offering me the ones with transition lenses for some 180us and it is tempting... With the wind thingy included...

You guys are so helpful! Thanks again!

Thats a good deal.

Speaking of which, I still need to get that Wind Jacket conversion for my Split Jacket...

I remember Tom Cruise wearing it in Ghost Protocol....

6538162407_83ab5eb4e5_b.jpg

Thanks!! So split jacket are like a smaller version of jawbones?

Yeah. The idea was to be a bit smaller but also less...aggressive looking. Would also point out the Jawbones' (now labeled Racing Jackets) lens selection is mostly vented whereas the Split Jacket has a better share of non-vented lenses.

Yeah. The idea was to be a bit smaller but also less...aggressive looking. Would also point out the Jawbones' (now labeled Racing Jackets) lens selection is mostly vented whereas the Split Jacket has a better share of non-vented lenses.

So Jawbone is now renamed Racing Jacket? What ever happened to the Split Jacket series? I can't seem to find it at Oakley's website....

Latest Posts

Back