• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sports Authority Closing

We just had a Gander Mountain close up here, Q, and it was the pricing. They started at 20% off the entire store and held it for 2 weeks, and their prices were normally high, so you were getting nothing. But the wolves picked anyway, and by the time they got to 60% there were some mis-matched wool hunting socks and some kayak gear left. My sister went and left frustrated in about 5 minutes. I feel the same about them as you do.

I avoid them like weddings. :lazy:
Can't avoid Italian weddings though. They are the bestest. ;)

From the one I talked to out here in CA they hire a 3rd party company that will sell all displays and fixtures. The company is out of NY. Sorry cant remember the name.
I was told the Oakley cases were NOT going to be sold. They were either getting returned or moved to another location (guessing the reps are moving them to other stores or accounts)
That was here near me in CA. story could be different other locations.

Never hurts to ask!!

Sports Authority was the worst...
I didn't care for the one here... Didn't bother visiting them when they moved to the other mall... Apparently, no one else cared either because they were taken in by ****'s Sporting Goods and Academy...

Just spoke to the store manager here locally and they will be selling all Oakley displays. They said this will happen within the next month and each store will have a fixture request list at the front of the store. He said to keep looking for it. He told me he will try to call me when they decide to do the fixture sales but I'm not holding my breath. I'll keep checking in. :)

Just spoke to the store manager here locally and they will be selling all Oakley displays. They said this will happen within the next month and each store will have a fixture request list at the front of the store. He said to keep looking for it. He told me he will try to call me when they decide to do the fixture sales but I'm not holding my breath. I'll keep checking in. :)
Makes sense Oakley would not want to ship the displays back. It would cost too much.

Good Luck!!

I'm so bummed we are losing sports authority though.... it's the only sports store in island. Bow we have Walmart for sports supplies. Sucks...... no bookstores on island either. Borders boarded up and headed out about 8 years ago

Latest Posts

Back