• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spouse Or Significant Other That Hates/loves Your Oakley Collecting?

Spouse or SO who hates/loves your O Collecting?

• Total voters

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
I know i'm not the only one here who's wife hates Oakleys.

Every new piece i get, i have to either hide it or slowly introduce it into the rotation. Kinda like buying new fish and floating the bag in the tank for a few hours to get the fish acclimated :lol:

So who else is in the same boat?

I also know some of you have spouses or SO's who share in your love for the O. For those of you who fall in this category, i am envious :laugh:

Hahah, well that's the idea of the poll/thread. My wife wears a couple O's that i got her, but she's not IN love with them. She definitely hates my collecting/over spending.

I'm half and half here... When she's in the mood,and she knows i got a nice bonus... she's helpful in helping me pick out a pair...
even if i'm not feeling the pair and she thinks it'll look good...she'll suggest it to me...
but... MOST of the time..and i mean like 98% most....lol...
she complains about me getting a new pair...
and i have to go with the fish tank method.
also, there should be a sticky on a fish tanking method. lmao!

My wife thinks im crazy and doesnt see it as a hobby. there just sunglasses! blah blah blah.
Yeah. Im home during the day so i make sure i check the mailbox, talk to the mailman and or catch the ups man so my wife doesnt see. Then i do a new display set up and get the new sets roated in. She walks by the cases everytime she goes to let the dogs out so i know she looks but cant really decipher one from another. sometimes she will ask...""are these new??" ...me: ahhh...no. ive had those for years..(turn and walk away)"

I'm half and half here... When she's in the mood,and she knows i got a nice bonus... she's helpful in helping me pick out a pair...
even if i'm not feeling the pair and she thinks it'll look good...she'll suggest it to me...
but... MOST of the time..and i mean like 98% most....lol...
she complains about me getting a new pair...
and i have to go with the fish tank method.
also, there should be a sticky on a fish tanking method. lmao!

Step 1. Place box in case
Step 2. Wait 24 Hours
Step 3. Remove box
Step 4. Place new frame in a dark/hidden corner to allow it to settle
Step 5. Wear frame of similar color/style on first day
Step 6. Do not wear again and wait 1 week
Step 7. After 1 week, wear new pair.
Step 8. Pray wife doesn't notice

Optional Step 9. If wife notices, buy flowers and beg for forgiveness.

I don't have a spouse YET (going to ask next year. 6.5 years dating haha), but I made a deal with her. She absolutely despises my Oakley obsession, probably because I talk about it all the time and show her new stuff that I've acquired. She's got 3 pairs now (TACA Ravishings for X-Mas), but she still wears those fake DG $10 shades. She does use the Encounters I got her for all of her sports activities, and loves the Bronze tint, so that's a plus at least. She also steals my Flak Jacket's a lot.

In terms of actual purchasing, I made a deal with her. I will bear with her in a shoe store or Coach store as long as she spends some time in the O Store with me haha.

Hahah, well that's the idea of the poll/thread. My wife wears a couple O's that i got her, but she's not IN love with them. She definitely hates my collecting/over spending.

we're in the same boat dude. i got her a few Oaks, with the GB Restless being her fave, but she constantly nags at me for adding to the collection. so the deal is: i can only have 1 single display case, and nothing more. if it's maxed out, means i have to get rid of stuff before adding new ones. and yes, she does check my display once in awhile to see if there's anything new. and if "caught" i always underdeclare the amount i spent on them. =)

Latest Posts

Back