• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spring Friends and Family?

Last year, F&F came out and a week later, after the discount period ended, the new 2016 crop of stuff dropped. Perhaps it'll be more of the same.

I hate to sound like an entitled consumer brat, but I feel like they gotta step up with at least offering foresight on their promotions if we're expecting something possibly as soon as next week.

When you factor in:
- presumably so-so selection in most people's eyes
- other retailers trying to take consumers' money with more aggressive/frequent discount periods

I think they're losing out on potential sales, even if it risks killing off some regular retail sales in the meantime. Lately I've been seeing Oakley show up in last place for something to throw money at. Last holiday, I didn't get an F&F e-mail, but by the time it materialized and I'd have to go in-store, everything else I was into beat them to the punch in taking my money. Seems like posters in that thread hardly found anything to buy regardless if they tried.

But then again, maybe Lux already met their goals with supplying secondary retailers and sorted out their profit model. Only reason why I'd want F&F is for OCP which is only through them.

Spoke to some of the guys in one of the Vaults I go to when I travel who told me F&F will not happen this spring. Usually these guys let me know of stuff way in advance since they know I collect a lot of the sport frames...so no reason to doubt them. Hopefully this time they are wrong so I can do some OCP damage.

Btw Vault had a 30%off on accesories including lenses (not full sunglasses of course) so I bought a couple of Jawbreaker lenses.

Back