• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sputnik

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Long story short, these were the first pair EVER done by the X Man. Patient Zero if you will.
Fast forward to 2015 when this pair helps blaze another trail. As Sputnik was first into space, this pair was the first XMan tuneup / refinish and now is the first gold plated pair done by another outstanding forum member.

The XMan had not refined his processes when this was originally refinished and as a result there was deeper than normal pitting on the surface. I shudder to think how many hours went into smoothing these out while this new process was refined and another discipline learned- but they turned out amazing. I enjoy the fit of the XX and the look of the 24K Juliet so here is the best of both worlds, slate lenses btw:
20150331_103609.jpg

With his copper and gold brothers in the mine. Copper XS and Juliet in the center are refinished also, the Penny is factory. These truly look better than OEM because after plating they were coated with a nanoceramic transparent e coating which is UV and sweat-resistant:

20150331_014131.jpg

beautiful!
great thing to show patient zero and give folks (and newbies like me) a view into how much time and care people are putting into this passion