• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Whisker-Platinum/Bronze Polarized

Nattyooch

Oakley Beginner
I wanted to show you guys my recent Ebay purchase that I'm really happy about.

Here is a little background of how I got introduced to these sunglasses.

My interest in these sunglasses all started when I discovered a pair of Oakley Whisker frames one day on my daily walk to my college campus about 4 years ago. It was spring time and the snow was melting. At the corner of my eye I saw a dark figure poking halfway out of the snowy bank and ended up uncovering a pair of black Oakley Whisker frames. They were pretty beat up, the metal frames were bent out of shape, but they looked damn good on my face. A few years later I found a brand new pair on facebook market place and snagged them up for $60 bucks. These unfortunately flew off my head while I was on a jet-ski ride across the lake a summer ago, ever since that I have been longing for another pair.

This is where the ebay searching comes into play. Every Whisker I find is either $300+ for the brand new condition ones and other cheaper pairs I could find were pretty scratched up. I ended up saving a bid for a pair of Square Whiskers that seemed to be in very good condition. As the bid time was coming to closing time I started my bids, the price jumped from $60 to $137 within two minutes and I ended up on top of the ebay battle. It was a little more than I wanted to pay, but the satisfaction of having new pair of Whisker frames in great condition is priceless.

I really love the Platinum color of the frames and the bronze polarized lenses, they're not too dark and not too light.

20210209_085618.jpg

20210209_085628.jpg

20210209_085637.jpg

20210209_085652.jpg

20210209_085658.jpg

20210209_085804.jpg

20210209_085844.jpg

20210209_085856.jpg

IMG_20210204_133537_526.jpg

Those look great, congrats! How large are those? do they fit on a larger face?

Those look great, congrats! How large are those? do they fit on a larger face?
Thanks man! They are very light and have a sleek profile which is what I love about them. The glasses seem to have a snug fit and have a nice flex to the metal frame. I had my dad try them on, he has a wider face, and they spanned across nicely. I'd say it's a safe bet they would fit a larger face.

Back