• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Wire 2.0 Authenticity Questions

alethiom

Oakley Beginner
Most pairs of Oakleys can be easily determined authentic or fake by quick glance by a trained eye. However, I had one person tell me that Oakley Square Wire 2.0 have a number under the earsock to determine whether they are real or not. We all know that Oakley's process changes constantly and one thing we believe creates a standard on a particular line of shades, may be different the following year. Can anyone clarify the number under the earsock and the reasoning behind it and any information you may know?

Any idea which ear sock it is under? I'll give mine a look later on if that will help you. Is there one if particular that you are wondering is fake or real? Post some pics I might be able to help you out.

Are you sure it's the Square Wire 2.0? I just sold mine, so I don't have it for reference, but there is not a lot of room under the earsocks on a 2.0. I know the is writing under the New Square Wire (left stem).

The numbers are under the right earsock (in relation to wearing them) dead center on the inside of the earstem. They seem to start with a 71-XXXg. It is small but I have this on a couple pairs and not on others. The Platinum/Gold seems to be missing this so I wonder if this is common on that particular frame color or what anyone is finding. If you do find a number, please post it along with the frame and lens color combo as there is supposedly a correlation of the two.

Latest Posts

Back