• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Wire 2.0 Or 3.0? OO4075-07

wokshy

Oakley Beginner
Hello, Sorry I'm new to this and don't know if I've done it right. I've just bought some new Oakley sunglasses, and to be honest I know absolutely nothing about them, apart from the fact that they are from the square wire range.it says "Square Wire Light w/ BlkIridPlrz" on the box.

I've only gone and scratched the lenses and don't know if there from the Square Wire 2.0 or 3.0 range,or if theres even a difference in lenses between 2.0 and 3.0? So any help would be much appreciated

Also has anybody got any experience with none Oakley replacement lenses? I've seen a company called Revant offering what they claim to be good quality replacement lenses for square wires, and in a larger colour range than Oakley, but much cheaper, is it a case of you get what you pay for,or are they worth considering? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks GRFMotorsports,much appreciated!! you wouldn't happen to know if all square wire lenses are the same,or not would you? thanks

They are not, different lenses. The good news is your pair is fairly new and replacements should be available. The bad news is it's the Ducati version making an original OEM lens swap a little harder due to the etching.

thanks OakleyBoss,that's made my mind up regarding the revant lenses,i wont bother!! luckily were about to be gripped by winter here in the uk and I wont need them for months,ill get saving for proper Oakley lenses for next spring.....thanks again GRFMotorsports,this gets more confusing by the minute,haha,could you please elaborate on the Ducati version and why lens swap will be more difficult? sorry to be a pest,this really isn't my subject thanks

Your lenses have DUCATI etched down in the bottom of the left one correct? So to be correct a plain pair of black iridium lenses will fit but are not the ones it came with. If that doesnt bother you no big deal bit will hurt resale value later down the road.

no there not the ducati ones then,the only etching is where it says polarised.i still cant find any square wire II lenses,just 2.0 and 3.0,im gonna ring Oakley on Monday to see which lenses they need and go from there I think,but thanks for all your help folks,much appreciated,id have ended up buying the wrong lenses,probably repeatedly!! haha thanks again folks :)

Back