• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Wire Frames assistance please...

axelf63

Oakley Beginner
Michigan
Greetings to all... I know I posted this quite a while back but was hoping to please ask again as there was not much response the first go around.

I have a much older pair of square wires...they are my daily go to pair and are worn constantly. The frames basically are physically in decent shape but cosmetically as you can expect suffered the customary wear..alot of the finish is scratched and wearing off.

Does anyone know by chance what the metal coating on these or similar Oakley glasses would be?

Would anyone have a solid recommendation to do a refinish or cosmetic touch up that would not either completely ruin the frames, or be a waste of time and effort..?

I am not trying to make these look new by any means...simply want to continue caring for a pair that have served me well and I love and show them a little continued TLC.

I have a new pair of lenses to install and am hoping to figure out a way to possibly continue with the continued frame color or possibly a flat black.

Would sincerely appreciate any input and experience from everyone on the board who could give me your expertise!

Thanks in advance!

Yeah that’s the best way usually. Pretty easy with wires. Then you can go for a refinish as close to original or something a bit more funky!

Here’s the latest Wires I’ve done.. C Wire & Wiretap.

7765C6C0-8F24-4719-A0CC-CBAF17D14AE2.jpeg
E8BAB99B-D142-4FAF-A41A-A3D91E284EFE.jpeg
9995166F-D687-4C7F-8294-C8F810B0EEAD.jpeg
33E8AB0D-1726-4C46-A30F-BC7836A316FA.jpeg
840444C6-165B-41F5-950F-692E5CA7B6AD.jpeg

These have their original lenses in but you could go for custom cut.

This refinish is about £60-£70 and it takes 2-3 weeks turnaround. Sometimes a little quicker and sometimes a bit longer.

Back