• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square Wire thoughts?

I will throw in my opinion... I have a bunch of x-metals and love them, have a few A wire 2.0s and love them, out of chance I picked up a NIB square wire (2006) and loved the look then took a chance a 2 pairs of square wire 2.0s blue and fire and they have become my favorite sunglasses and might get the most complements

Those do fit and look great on you.
If you wanted to deviate slightly from the square orbital, the Big Square Wire might be an option.
(Not Square Wire 1, which lacks the spring hinges. There are many incorrectly listed with resellers).
image.php?family_path=Wire&image=BigSquareWire_Chrome_IcePolarized.jpg

Happy hunting.

Just wanted to follow up on this .. perhaps if someone down the line is doing any research on the Square Wire (and possible fit) this could be helpful.

Pulled the trigger on these and literally couldn't be happier (OO4075-05 Matte Black/BIP). The fit (as described per above specifications) turns out to be phenomenal for me as I hoped it might. Comfortable, no movement .. and the smaller profile of the frame is very nice.

Probably be looking to pick up a 2nd pair at some point.

Bald, oval head? Definitely consider Square Wire!

View attachment 426268 View attachment 426269 View attachment 426270

Those look awesome!! Thanks for sharing the pics. I just ordered that exact pair from optics planet. I got them for $118, so I couldn’t pass them up. They will be here Saturday and I can’t wait.

Back