• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Standard Size of Oakley Flight Jackets (37mm)?

TFSally

Oakley Beginner
Hi all, first time poster here, I have what is likely a very common beginner question. I like to bicyle and just decided to buy some 'real' sunglasses and not cheapie knockoffs, I found a good deal online on a pair of Flight Jackets, after ordering I noticed it said "37mm", I compared to the 'base' model and I'm guessing the pair I ordered are of a very small (or large) size, and not standard.

Oakley's website is quite deficient in hard specs / dimensions, and for the life of me I could not find a straight answer online. Would greatly appreciate any insight as to what I should expect.

Hi all, first time poster here, I have what is likely a very common beginner question. I like to bicyle and just decided to buy some 'real' sunglasses and not cheapie knockoffs, I found a good deal online on a pair of Flight Jackets, after ordering I noticed it said "37mm", I compared to the 'base' model and I'm guessing the pair I ordered are of a very small (or large) size, and not standard.

Oakley's website is quite deficient in hard specs / dimensions, and for the life of me I could not find a straight answer online. Would greatly appreciate any insight as to what I should expect.

I could be wrong but I don't believe there are multiple sizes of Flight Jackets.

I could be wrong but I don't believe there are multiple sizes of Flight Jackets.
Thanks, what sparked my curiosity is that I saw on some sites it was listed as 53mm - furthermore, I could not figure out definitively which dimension these designations were referring to...

If the numbers are 54-18-140, your frame dimensions are:
54 mm lens width
18 mm bridge width
140 mm temple arm length
At least thats is my knowledge.

Thirty-seven millimetre orbitals would barely fit an infant.
Flight Jacket is a shield lens, and ain’t gonna be that size, no how...
Oakley’s website is a poor joke.

I've just bought a pair of Flight Jacket.
and some spare lenses.
and I found myself in various less informed sites the 37 and 40 mm sizes.
I do not think is true.
all Flight Jacket's have the same dimension.
all models have the numbers OO9401-xx37 136
- mine is xx=19
- the latest models are TDF xx=22 and Kokoro xx=23 (from what I found)
- I think 37 stands for 137mm wide - if I measure the width temple to temple.
- 136 is the length of the temple arm when the longest one is mounted.

just me,

Back