• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

'Standard' vs XL or XLJ?

CrAzY

Oakley Beginner
What are the differences between the 'Standard' versions of Oakley's, versus their XL or XLJ versions?

More specifically, I've been looking at these glasses and haven't been able to find definitive answers:

- Fast Jacket vs Fast Jacket XL

- Flak Jacket vs Flak Jacket XLJ

- Half Jacket 2.0 vs Half Jacket 2.0 XL

Lens shape is all. The XLJ/XL lenses fan out towards the bottom. The standard are pretty much rounded. Bring up pictures of both and it's apparent. The frames are identical, and can accept either lens.

Lens shape is all. The XLJ/XL lenses fan out towards the bottom. The standard are pretty much rounded. Bring up pictures of both and it's apparent. The frames are identical, and can accept either lens.

Thanks.

I could see the lens shape difference in pictures, but wasn't completely sure since they're only 'pictures' on a website. And you also answered what was going to be my follow up question =)

Since I've brought up the specific glasses, can anyone provide some extra analysis on the notable differences between the three glasses I'm considering:

- Fast Jacket
- Flak Jacket
- Half Jacket 2.0

I'm familiar with the Fast Jacket's, so I'm real curious about the Flak Jacket and Half Jacket 2.0 in comparison to the Fast Jacket. I play a lot of softball and have been trying to find the best pair of sunglasses for me to use on the field (under a hat) and not dig into my temples by mid-game and give me a headache for the rest of the day/night.

That was one of the real benefits of the Flak Jacket. I didn't consider it to be the new end-all Half Frame, but it did serve a purpose. I don't see the point of the new HJ 2.0. They should have just sold some Fast Jackets without the soft case and spare lenses in my opinion.

That was one of the real benefits of the Flak Jacket. I didn't consider it to be the new end-all Half Frame, but it did serve a purpose. I don't see the point of the new HJ 2.0. They should have just sold some Fast Jackets without the soft case and spare lenses in my opinion.

How would you compare the stems on the Flak's vs the Half 2.0's? From the few pictures I've been able to find of both, it looks like the Half 2.0 stems are a bit thinner/slimmer/smaller, is that observation correct?

Aside from some differences that wouldn't make much difference, the ear socks are changed up a bit. Fit wise, they're very close.

Aside from some differences that wouldn't make much difference, the ear socks are changed up a bit. Fit wise, they're very close.

I think I may have to trek out to a shop this weekend and try them on to see how they feel for me. Thanks for all the info, and again, great video! It was very helpful/informational.

I purchased a Half Jacket 2.0 with standard Lens fitted last month and now, I want to try out the Half jacket 2.0 XL or XLJ lenses as I am liking the new shapes. But, I am not sure whether they will fit or are even compatible. Can you plz suggest...

Back