• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

If it sucks I'm going to be so mad.

But they're throwing a ton of money behind it to do it right, and getting Lucas as far away as possible.

The Phantom Edit makes the prequels watchable and removes most of the annoying junk like Jar Jar, mopey Anakin, random character bullshit, etc.

If Hollywood wants a movie to remake have them tackle the prequels. Not like they can do worse.

Speaking of, I don't think The Kid will want to see the new one - the other week we're watching an episode of Curious George, about as mild a show as it gets. George is housesitting a pet snake and it gets out of its cage. The Kid gets so freaked out she starts crying, has to stop the episode. And it was a friendly snake, had a nice smile on its face...

But there are girls out there into the whole Star Wars thing; see?

tn_8193.jpg

Speaking of, I don't think The Kid will want to see the new one - the other week we're watching an episode of Curious George, about as mild a show as it gets. George is housesitting a pet snake and it gets out of its cage. The Kid gets so freaked out she starts crying, has to stop the episode. And it was a friendly snake, had a nice smile on its face...

View attachment 184603
I'm gonna be all over her with the lightsabre. :spiteful:

Wait....did that come out right? :rofl:

View attachment 184603
Aren't you a little... busty for a stormtrooper?

The feature of a black X-Wing alone goes a long way for me. Always wanted to see a recolor, and what better than perhaps an extreme opposite of the color spectrum.
rmxs1635_600.jpg

Still torn about the engines. Their shape goes way back to concept art of the original trilogy, but functionally I can't make sense of them. I assume this was a pure Disney "hey let's change it up" move. I do like the wing arrangement, though. Makes more sense aerodynamically when they're not in space...even though this is all fictional stuff.

As for the movie itself. I'm afraid of what Disney may do to it, but I can't discount Abrams. Even if he tries to reinvent the series I thought he did pretty well with Star Trek — as long as you take them for what they are. No specific expectations. Basically I'm just left to "see what happens".

I can remember going to the Cinema back in 77 when I was 6: it blew me away and have been a follower ever since..........but my faith has wained somewhat, with Georges money making leviathan, steamrollering every conceivable bit of merchandise...............

Back