• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

Sexy Han
d0e204ecfb27d268313421f644fc18b1.jpg
Hmmm, any debate over who shot first in this scenario? :D

The Cinematography looks great. I'm feeling anxiuos about this one for some reason. Maybe it's because I can remember the feeling of being let down by the prequels......the merchandising was great, but the films just weren't 'on par'.

Honestly, there's just some elements that irk me. The way some lines are delivered in such a blunt way to sell suspense...reminds me of Jurassic World. Cinematography is indeed incredible, though.

Also getting some bad vibes that the Battlefront Beta felt very far from ready for a game that's supposed to release in a month. Ironically, I find the high point of that game is visuals, too.

Honestly, there's just some elements that irk me. The way some lines are delivered in such a blunt way to sell suspense...reminds me of Jurassic World. Cinematography is indeed incredible, though.

Also getting some bad vibes that the Battlefront Beta felt very far from ready for a game that's supposed to release in a month. Ironically, I find the high point of that game is visuals, too.
It's EA... It'll release wether it's ready or not and they'll just patch it if they ever get around to it ... Money over quality!

But yes, the visuals and sound were outstanding!

The problem with the prequels was George Lucas. I'll save any elaboration on that for if/when it's needed.

I have faith in JJA that he'll put out a good movie. My question is if it'll still be appropriate for younger kids. I mean, we don't need Jar Jar or Ewoks, but something that can be viewed by as broad of an age group as the original (Ep. 4).

I posted earlier in this thread about how The Kid is the same age I was when I saw the original in the theater, but that I doubted I could take her since she was freaking out over a friendly cartoon snake in a Curious George episode.

But since then I've been setting her up.

First, laying the groundwork... recall I tell her a "once upon a time" story before bed every night, made up on the fly about a subject of her choosing. A couple of weeks ago I talked her into letting me pick the subject, and I told her the story of... Star Wars. She liked it...

A night or two later she wanted the next one so I told her the story of The Empire Strikes Back. Then I had to go out of town for a few days. When I got back, with no prompting from me she asked to hear the third one, so I told her Return of the Jedi.

Then she wanted to hear them again. So on different nights I ended up telling her all three stories a second time. And she was remembering stuff from the first time around.

Then she wanted to hear them again. But this time I talked her into watching the actual movies (I have all six on blu-ray). She was concerned they might be scary but thought she'd be okay if she had me to cuddle during the scary parts.

So on Sunday we watched the original Star Wars. She sat in my lap the entire time and did get scared at times - I covered her eyes during the early scene when they show the Aunt and Uncle's burned, skeletal bodies but otherwise let her watch all of it. She found the blaster fights / saber battle more scary than the space battles. But at the end, though she said it was very scary, she liked it and wanted to watch it again.

I was planning on waiting until next week before showing The Empire Strikes Back, but after we went grocery shopping she wanted to watch it and The Wife said it was okay, so we fired it up. But we didn't finish it; we got to the scene where Luke faces the Dark Side in the swamp, cuts the head off of fake Vader, and it's his face. I was older when I originally watched that one and remember that scene being very scary... in retrospect I should have skipped it for her.

At the same time that scene finished I had to start cooking dinner and she decided she didn't want to watch the rest of it. And that's fine, though my main purpose here is to brainwash her into wanting to watch the new movie, it has a secondary purpose of validating whether or not she can handle it. We may still finish The Empire Strikes Back, and on from there...

But will the new one be too mature?

The problem with the prequels was George Lucas. I'll save any elaboration on that for if/when it's needed.

I have faith in JJA that he'll put out a good movie. My question is if it'll still be appropriate for younger kids. I mean, we don't need Jar Jar or Ewoks, but something that can be viewed by as broad of an age group as the original (Ep. 4).

I posted earlier in this thread about how The Kid is the same age I was when I saw the original in the theater, but that I doubted I could take her since she was freaking out over a friendly cartoon snake in a Curious George episode.

First, laying the groundwork... recall I tell her a "once upon a time" story before bed every night, made up on the fly about a subject of her choosing. A couple of weeks ago I talked her into letting me pick the subject, and I told her the story of... Star Wars. She liked it...

A night or two later she wanted the next one so I told her the story of The Empire Strikes Back. Then I had to go out of town for a few days. When I got back, with no prompting from me she asked to hear the third one, so I told her Return of the Jedi.

Then she wanted to hear them again. So on different nights I ended up telling her all three stories a second time. And she was remembering stuff from the first time around.

Then she wanted to hear them again. But this time I talked her into watching the actual movies (I have all six on blu-ray). She was concerned they might be scary but thought she'd be okay if she had me to cuddle during the scary parts.

So on Sunday we watched the original Star Wars. She sat in my lap the entire time and did get scared at times - I covered her eyes during the early scene when they show the Aunt and Uncle's burned, skeletal bodies but otherwise let her watch all of it. She found the blaster fights / saber battle more scary than the space battles. But at the end, though she said it was very scary, she liked it and wanted to watch it again.

I was planning on waiting until next week before showing The Empire Strikes Back, but after we went grocery shopping she wanted to watch it and The Wife said it was okay, so we fired it up. But we didn't finish it; we got to the scene where Luke faces the Dark Side in the swamp, cuts the head off of fake Vader, and it's his face. I was older when I originally watched that one and remember that scene being very scary... in retrospect I should have skipped it for her.

At the same time that scene finished I had to start cooking dinner and she decided she didn't want to watch the rest of it. And that's fine, though my main purpose here is to brainwash her into wanting to watch the new movie, it has a secondary purpose of validating whether or not she can handle it. We may still finish The Empire Strikes Back, and on from there...

If they are.....can we cuddle with you if we get too scared?

And..... you sneaky sneaky boy you....trying to trick your girl into wanting to watch the movies. ;)

i really want my boys to see it (3 and 4) but i don't want to force them. we have been watching the star wars rebels cartoon and they enjoy that. And i will screen it and determine if i feel it is appropriate for my kids and if it is i will take them. they have watched most of the original trilogy and like them

i really want my boys to see it (3 and 4) but i don't want to force them. we have been watching the star wars rebels cartoon and they enjoy that. And i will screen it and determine if i feel it is appropriate for my kids and if it is i will take them. they have watched most of the original trilogy and like them
You don't want to "force" them :p :rofl:

Back