• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

you sneaky sneaky boy you....trying to trick your girl into wanting to watch the movies. ;)

I wouldn't say I'm tricking her - just some strategic exposure so she'd want to see the new one. It is manipulative, but manipulating your kids is a large part of parenting in general. Had she not liked it, though, that would have been the end of it.

I wouldn't say I'm tricking her - just some strategic exposure so she'd want to see the new one. It is manipulative, but manipulating your kids is a large part of parenting in general. Had she not liked it, though, that would have been the end of it.
Manipulating......tricking...... potAYto....potAHto.. :p :rofl:

Either way..... :)

Manipulating......tricking...... potAYto....potAHto.. :p :rofl:

Either way..... :)

Nah, I'd say tricking involves some sort of deception, i.e. lying. "If you don't stop doing that you'll grow hair on your palms."

Manipulating is more setting someone up so they do what you want. Like giving them a taste of something so they want more "Didn't we have fun making cup cakes? We'll do it again if you're a good girl." Or bribing them "If you want a cup cake for dessert you have to finish your asparagus."

I guess they're not mutually exclusive; you can include deception in a manipulation. But I do think deception is a requirement for trickery.

So maybe trickery is a form of manipulation, but not all manipulation is trickery? Like square vs. rectangle; all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares? :D

Either way, I haven't deceived her at all with this.

Nah, I'd say tricking involves some sort of deception, i.e. lying. "If you don't stop doing that you'll grow hair on your palms."

Manipulating is more setting someone up so they do what you want. Like giving them a taste of something so they want more "Didn't we have fun making cup cakes? We'll do it again if you're a good girl." Or bribing them "If you want a cup cake for dessert you have to finish your asparagus."

I guess they're not mutually exclusive; you can include deception in a manipulation. But I do think deception is a requirement for trickery.

So maybe trickery is a form of manipulation, but not all manipulation is trickery? Like square vs. rectangle; all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares? :D

I like TURTLES!

my youngest wont eat steak if you offer it to him as steak you have to call it just meat and this is the same for all animal based proteins but bacon because who can resist bacon. you have to adjust to make truth "from a certain point of view"

Latest Posts

Back