• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

The Mandalorian collection of New Era hats dropped this morning. i was at work and they were mostly sold out by the time i saw the email. i was able to order the tan colored one, but sadly i missed out on the baby yoda and the "i have spoken" hats. there is already a baby yoda one listed on ebay for $104. damn resellers...

_tNdbqeO2aBS.jpg

9448480210974.jpg

Last edited:
A while back we had heard Lucasfilm was working on a project named “Project Luminous”. We now know that this project will be giving a few novels and comics based in a new timeline of Star Wars named The High Republic Era which will be set 200 years prior to the prequel trilogy.

1582648421404.jpeg

1582648446451.jpeg

A while back we had heard Lucasfilm was working on a project named “Project Luminous”. We now know that this project will be giving a few novels and comics based in a new timeline of Star Wars named The High Republic Era which will be set 200 years prior to the prequel trilogy.

View attachment 706274

View attachment 706275

i'm not sure how i feel about it. i loved the old expanded universe books and comics though. it's just a sore spot since Disney decided the Star Wars expanded universe books and comics weren't cannon when they took over years ago... then tonight they announce they are setting up multiple publishers to make their own expanded universe books and comics, except only focused on the High Republic era... ok... well i hope they don't F it up i guess. looks promising at least. the Nihil sound like they will be pretty cool villains.

i wonder if they focused on the high republic era since the old expanded universe novels and comics didn't touch that era much.

i'm not sure how i feel about it. i loved the old expanded universe books and comics though. it's just a sore spot since Disney decided the Star Wars expanded universe books and comics weren't cannon when they took over years ago... then tonight they announce they are setting up multiple publishers to make their own expanded universe books and comics, except only focused on the High Republic era... ok... well i hope they don't F it up i guess. looks promising at least. the Nihil sound like they will be pretty cool villains.

i wonder if they focused on the high republic era since the old expanded universe novels and comics didn't touch that era much.
I also really liked the old comics and books from the now "legends" content. Heir to the Empire was always my favorite, as I really loved Thrawn. I really do hope they don't mess it up with all the different authors and their views on the Star Wars universe. It looks promising but I guess everyone will make up their own minds when it finally is released lol.

With Bob Iger stepping down today also as CEO of Disney, I wonder if this will have any effect on Lucasfilm going forward. In my opinion Kathleen Kennedy has mismanaged the franchise so bad with the Sequel Trilogy that she should have been removed as head of Lucasfilm a while ago.

I'm just hoping one day they finally take into account what the fans are saying. They definitely need to bring back the Old Republic Era into canon.

Back