• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Steampunk Mars

MachineHead

Oakley Expert
New Jersey
I've always thought of xmetals as something from science fiction that came to life. so I made a Mars with the steampunk theme, a very popular genre of the scifi category.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413551637.202976.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413551608.601587.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413551655.588960.jpg

Looks good and very unique.

I have heard the word "Steampunk" a few times and just thought it was some wrestler on WWE or something haha.

Finally learned a lil googlin it.

Last edited:
But you're not 100% sure which is why they are not pinned?
Maybe polish the flex coupler and arms? You could always go back and all you would be out would be the time invested in polishing. A thought- not a criticism. I like!

Great project. The contrast between the orbitals and the nose and ear stems makes them pop. Not so sure I would polish them though. Do you plan to use these for an event or costume?
yeah, not quite polished is what popped in my head. more distressed silver/ or an antique silver look. to give it a real expensive, shiny, but worn-in look.

thanks guys.

although polishing the earstems/nosebridge might improve on the over-all look of the piece, i'm not sure it would be consistent with the steampunk theme.
as for the distressed/antique look, i was hoping regular use would help achieve it. i actually made a conscious decision not to refinish the earstems/nosebridge to keep the already existing scuff marks.

Back