• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sterile Oakley Flak Jacket

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Just recently looking at some of my flak jackets and I realize I have a SI matte black that has model number on inside stem but no "Oakley" on nose bridge. I also have a pair of Gloss black that has nothing inside of stem or "Oakley" on nose bridge. This pair was an Oakley RX pair I bought that had a prescription lens. Is this a normal?

Ty I realized that but the main pair in question is a completely sterile pair of polished black frames
No oakley on nose bridge and no printed lettering on inside left stem

Ok just wanted to make sure they weren't fake before offering them for sale. They look identical to my official store bought pairs just with printing

I've read that the surfaces and coatings on SI glasses (on-duty/ballistic,etc) are intentionally chosen for their low reflectivity and less prone to radar detection, hence no polished surfaces which can be seen in the sun and no sharp edges to bounce radar or other detection methods back to the source.

That is correct that's why they use grey non iridium lenses my only concern was that the polished black did not have the writing. Ie did a search and did not see anywhere where SI would of made a polished frame and no where, where people were saying anything about the nose bridge being non marked on commercial pairs. Now as I said when I bought these they had super thick RX lenses in them. I did read before where custom pairs and replacement pairs did not serial numbers but did not see anything about nose bridge logo or the model/lens combo info being omitted

Back