• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen Juliet's and mars. Please help

Sorry for your loss, I am skeptical that pawn shops know the value of these sunglasses so you're more likely to see the hobo wearing them.

sorry for the loss man. but just wondering, if you think that the homeless are involved, why know which items to pick? well, you did say other items were involved. maybe the 3 pieces you lost were just laying around? most people do not know the value of x metals...hope you catch the culprit and get them back bro. hard item to find to simply just loose....

sorry for the loss man. but just wondering, if you think that the homeless are involved, why know which items to pick? well, you did say other items were involved. maybe the 3 pieces you lost were just laying around? most people do not know the value of x metals...hope you catch the culprit and get them back bro. hard item to find to simply just loose....

I was thinking along these lines too. Not trying to add insult to injury by suggesting that it was a planned robbery but stealing specific items doesn't fit the typical definition of a random robbery by a homeless guy. Maybe we just aren't getting the full details but I'd assume these would have been items kept in a case, or at least stored near other pairs. If it was me robbing a place and I saw a stash of Oakleys, I'd be shoving every pair I could into a bag or something to get the whole lot, not taking time to window shop and decide which pairs look the rarest or most expensive.

I know you are already devastated and victimized but I'd at least consider the possibility that it may have been someone you know, or someone who's familiar enough with you to know that you'd likely have valuables that could be stolen easily. As others have said, calling ahead to local pawn shops will give them a heads up, but that's a double edged sword. Pawn shops aren't allowed to buy anything they suspect is stolen, but they also have to check everything they buy against a police database after its purchased to verify that it isn't stolen. If you call ahead and warn them they may turn away the thief instead of buying from him, and then you'd probably never find them. If they buy them first and then check the database and see they are potentially stolen, legally they have to return them to you and they are just out whatever money they spent to get them. That said, calling around is probably the best thing to do, but there really isn't much a pawn shop could do if he came in with the glasses besides call the cops and try to keep him there, hoping he doesn't get violent in the mean time. Most places would probably let him walk and just pass the info on to the cops.

Hopefully you are able to find the serial numbers to prove that whatever is potentially found belongs to you, and hopefully you get lucky and catch the guy who did it and recover your losses. If you haven't already I'd also ask all your neighbors if they saw anything suspicious, and ask if anyone has surveillance equipment that may have captured something.

Good luck, sorry for your loss. I know how helpless and angry being a robbery victim can make you feel.

What throws me off is that the robber did not take a pair of Juliet's that were just sitting on my desk! The pair on my desk have black lenses so they don't look as expensive where as the other 3 pair have colorful lenses. The other items taken are 2 laptops, 1 iPad, 3 watches (Burberry), 2 other Gucci sunglasses, my cleaning kit, and hydrophobic kit. This what I can tell so far. I live with my brother and of all these items, only my items were taken. They walked pass a lot if my brothers valuable items. So I don't know if this robbery was directed or it was because I had $100 bill in the draw along with the glasses and they knew the other items in there were vaulable. I'm trying my best to look up if I have pictures of the serial numbers but its rather difficult to do with out a laptop. Thanks for your support everyone

That pretty much confirms that the robbery may be staged and possibly someone you know. Why just get your stuff and leave your brother's? He left another juliet that had black lenses? It really is suspicious...

I have been trying to track my iPad consistently with no luck. Hopefully I can get the serials for both of those items to put in police database.

Back