• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen Juliet's and mars. Please help

I'm already looking into getting a safe for my valuables. I wish I had the money to invest in an Oakley display case. That would keep everything secured when locked and its a middle finger to a robber because he can see but can't touch. I'm losing hope guys. I don't even know where to begin building my collection again. It pains me to shop for Juliet's and mars now. It would have to be a total steal before I am going to she'll out any money for another pair of xmetals. Maybe I'm just going to go the O matter route. Looking at some flak jackets, jawbones and wind jackets.

I know how it feels to have an expensive x-metal stolen and the way it changes how you look at buying a replacement. Gives me a bad feeling just reading your thread.

I'm already looking into getting a safe for my valuables. I wish I had the money to invest in an Oakley display case. That would keep everything secured when locked and its a middle finger to a robber because he can see but can't touch. I'm losing hope guys. I don't even know where to begin building my collection again. It pains me to shop for Juliet's and mars now. It would have to be a total steal before I am going to she'll out any money for another pair of xmetals. Maybe I'm just going to go the O matter route. Looking at some flak jackets, jawbones and wind jackets.

Don't kid yourself, a display case is far from being impenetrable and in fact it makes the Oakley's inside more appealing and a bigger target then a pair sitting in a drawer.

Yeah I agree with way the doors are made of plexiglass it allows them to flex. All someone has to do is grab the door by the middle of the plexiglass and pull and it will pull the lock plates right out of the pocket. I think they were made for a slow deterrent in stores but not meant for working like a safe or vault. My deterrent is my home alarm system and the door to my bedroom also has and electronic lock on it. If someone wants your stuff bad enough they are going to get it the key is try to slow them down enough for either you or the cops to get to them before they make off.

Agreed. I look at my case, and while it is locked, there are a dozen things I see within 10 feet that I could use to try and pry it open.
My best deterrent is also an alarm system. I am fortunate to live in a 90% military neighborhood, so people are really more the neighborhood watch type. The biggest threat in my home to an intruder is my wife. She may be a 5' tall 100 lb Korean, but she is wicked accurate with my 9mm, and handles it very well.

Thanks for the info about oakley cases. I just assumed they were sercure from the way they look.

Locks don't keep thieves out, locks keep honest people honest longer.

Yes I need to rethink the security of my house. I'm thinking about getting a safe but I'm having a hard time find a good price on a reliable safe box

Back