• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen Or Fake C-Six?

The carbon fibre definitely doesn't look right. it should show some variation even with terrible pictures and camera flash. I'd bet they are all fake.

I couldn't tell you the first thing about a C6, but in his defense there are plenty of ebay assclowns who buy high priced items and then file a Paypal claim. They get their money back and never return the item. It's happened to me and many others. One of the reasons (other than ridiculously high fees) that I try not to sell on ebay if possible. And now that the seller feedback is the only one affected, it creates a bad situation for people who pull these stunts.

I had bid on them in the first auction figuring if they were super cheap it would be no big loss and possibly a huge score. When they relisted them I contacted them about payment method and the answer was USPS money order. I was done right there...

I had bid on them in the first auction figuring if they were super cheap it would be no big loss and possibly a huge score. When they relisted them I contacted them about payment method and the answer was USPS money order. I was done right there...

Yeah, USPS money orders are safer than regular money orders because fraudulent activity can be investigated and prosecuted by the US postal inspection service. But they can't provide you a refund for your loss; you'd be SOL.

Outside of paypal and single-use CC numbers, there's always an escrow service, where a third party confirms receiving your payment but doesn't release it to the seller until you confirm you got the item. But that typically adds cost up to 10%.

Yeah, USPS money orders are safer than regular money orders because fraudulent activity can be investigated and prosecuted by the US postal inspection service. But they can't provide you a refund for your loss; you'd be SOL.

Outside of paypal and single-use CC numbers, there's always an escrow service, where a third party confirms receiving your payment but doesn't release it to the seller until you confirm you got the item. But that typically adds cost up to 10%.
Yeah but because all of the stuff stated earlier in this thread it just felt wrong. When it hit 411 and still hadn't gone over the reserve I laughed. If it is a real and you know what it's worth take a better picture and list it right. Smells fishy!

Yeah but because all of the stuff stated earlier in this thread it just felt wrong. When it hit 411 and still hadn't gone over the reserve I laughed. If it is a real and you know what it's worth take a better picture and list it right. Smells fishy!
The ol' "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true" kinda situation...

Back