• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

(Stolen pennys)new guy concerned about an old friend

Scotty B

Oakley Beginner
Don't know why its takin me so long to find this forum but glad I did. I know this is a long shot but several years ago my truck was broken into in Baltimore Md. and the one thing that hurt the most was they stole my X metal pennys. its been so many years that I hope they found there way to a good home, I have since gotten a replacement pair. I bring this up because going through some boxes I found my old box with the serial number on it and my old receipt. the number on the box is A16414. they were polished with black lens, I believe PB016414. im not looking to get them back just hoping they made it to a good home, maybe match the box and coin back with the glasses. thanks for taking the time to read this and have a good one.

Welcome and wow, what a generous and fantastic attitude!

I hate that it happened to you because it seems like you are totally an example of bad stuff happening to nice people.

Thank you for the kind words nyreth, it's cool to find a community like this. I'm not a real serious collector of anything really (just dabble here and there) but I can appreciate the art and I know how important it is to have complete sets of things (boxes and stuff)

Welcome aboard. Sucks that they were stolen from you. Maybe they have been found. Fingers crossed.

Some of the stuff I have

20160901_010944.jpg

20160901_010951.jpg

Well you made me look...

But no, my PB doesn't have that serial.

You know, if the current owner of the matching pair doesn't appear, once you have exchange access you could probably get like $50+/- for the box and coin. Help offset the cost of your next Oakley purchase...

I know it's a long shot but just thoughts I would try to match them back up. I'll have to look for that exchange.

Back