• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen Square Wire 2.0s. What Now?

fastline

Oakley Beginner
There are VERY few frames that fit well on me. I was so attached to the 2.0s that I had 2 pair for over a decade. One pair was lost while trying to help someone out. the others were just stolen by some member of our camping crew that I thought we could trust....

Anyway, obviously I was attached to these glasses, mostly because they work and not made anymore. I know I had some C wires and were a little skinny on the outside. I can't honestly remember where the A wires, if I owned a pair, and how they compared.

I have found that people are now asking over new price for discontinued squares. I would like to learn about any other VERY similar frames I can consider? If not, is there a place to shop for some squares? I know I ran down the the Oakley store a while back and we all agreed, I was screwed. Everything just looks too big on me. I have a loaner Gascans now that work well on me but I am just done with plastic frames. They cannot handle my abuse.

That's not good!

Welcome anyway :)

Where about are you on the globe?

I see what youre after on UK ebay for good prices.

I got a pair in great condition for £40.

USA. I would not mind going outside the US for this but I might be leery of used. Some people's idea of "great condition" can vary widely.

True. Mostly uk eBay is reliable though.

My pair have the slightest mark on one lens.

There are some sellers with good reputations and honest descriptions.

You can pick up SW 2.0s fairly cheap on ebay if you dont mind waiting it out. The rarer color combos and mint condition pairs do bring a premium.

There was someone here selling a brand new pair below retail a few days ago. You will need your post count up before you can access the for sale section though.

What really roasts me is I bought all of mine when I worked with a motorcycle dealership and the employee discount is super awesome.

The pair I just lost were the silver frames with fire iridium lenses. far from mint but very rare! I bought the only pair we ever had at the dealership. So if I find one of my guys wearing a pair, there will be a youtube moment or a serious apology.

You can usually find the silver frame at a reasonable cost on eBay, those are my fav pair too. I however slapped the lens in the titanium version of those frames as there so light, just ask for pictures as they should have sq wire 2.0 stamped in white on the inside of the left arm and you are good.

Back