• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stolen X Metal Serial Sticky (say that 5 times fast)

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
After seeing another stolen x metal thread, I wonder if we should have a sticky for stolen x metals and their details for reference. Not that there are a lot, but to me, one is enough. I could argue either way on it but here are a few thoughts.

It would give a nice single thread for all stolen x metals to be listed with the serial (kind of pointless for non serial ones) and some details. That would make it easy for people to check when they're "keeping an eye out" instead of searching through endless pages for a thread from 6 months ago.

On the other hand, people could misuse it and claim something was stolen after they sold it. That could be solved by requiring pictures and/or a police report but then you get into who has to validate all that.

I could also see a problem when a new member comes to show off his new Mars only to see it was reported stolen a while back and is now ****ed.

Even though it seems I have 2 arguments against and only 1 for, I still think its a good idea. If we had a single thread with all the stolen serials, I would honestly check every serial I came across. I really feel for these guys. I would be PISSED if someone jacked anything of mine, especially expensive ass glasses that I took the time to collect.

So I'd like to hear some more for and against.

I agree with a thread like this... while it might not help bringing the criminals to justice it will put a warning out there to buyers to not purchase stolen frames. same guys for sellers, they will think twice about posting stolen frames.

I only wish all the frames had serial numbers then I would be able to post my stolen pair.

Si I have no issue with a thread like that, despite the 2 against / 1 for arguments. I would certainly want mine listed if I had one "get gone". A good thing to do would be to photograph all your serialized X-Metals with a card with your user name and date on it, so if anything was stolen you have photographic proof that you did have it. If it's sold through the forum here we have the permanently dated and archived sale thread so everyone can see that it was transferred. Now selling it and then reporting it stolen is a total douche move, but if we could stop all the douches we'd be happy and rich.

:)

Yep I like those points. I have pictures of all of my O stuff in an inventory system with all the details for insurance purposes so that's already done for me.

Yep I like those points. I have pictures of all of my O stuff in an inventory system with all the details for insurance purposes so that's already done for me.

Good on ya!

I should do that for my Oakley stuff...

Right now I just inventory guns, ammo, and crystal meth. :spiteful:

Latest Posts

Back