• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Storage Suitcase For Glasses

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Anyone have a recommendation for a good suitcase type storage for about 20-30 glasses, Largest would be XS or Juliets, possibly scalpel, but thinking Juliets are larger with the arms folded.

No room to display any more but just want quick access to my glasses for daily use. Would like something I could open up, see my glasses and pick for the day. Would be nice to have protected but without having to open each microfiber bag to look at each pair before deciding.

Checked e-bay- nothing. Think I may have to go custom set up.

This is mainly to save room at home for storage.

Thinking someone here must have an idea.

I'd recommend a foam gun case. You can trim the top layer of foam to fit like an X Metal vault. Or get one deep enough that you can just insert the stems.

opplanet-pelican-black-medium-watertight-case-1510-with-foam-open.jpg

You can also use "sea horse" brand cases. They are less expensive (much less) and do the same thing as the pelican brand

You can also use "sea horse" brand cases. They are less expensive (much less) and do the same thing as the pelican brand
There are a few less expensive than Pelican. Pelican is pretty competative for small cases with their lower tiered cases up to about a laptop in footprint. Rifle sized they're a good amount more. But they're also built better than their cheaper competitors. Which matters for guns... not so much for Oakleys.

Plano, SKB, Boyd, GunGuard, Bulldog.. plus others.

There are a few less expensive than Pelican. Pelican is pretty competative for small cases with their lower tiered cases up to about a laptop in footprint. Rifle sized they're a good amount more. But they're also built better than their cheaper competitors. Which matters for guns... not so much for Oakleys.

Plano, SKB, Boyd, GunGuard, Bulldog.. plus others.

I totally agree! I use alot of Pelican and seahorse cases. There are a few others but Pelican stands behind there stuff no matter what.

Thanks guys, may look into getting one deep enough to put the stems in straight, but will need to see how big it is.

As it will be in the closet or under the bed, not worried about durability of the case (so cheaper maybe an option) at the very worst it may be moved to a heated garage. So it will not ever even be near water.

Would you guys suggest e-bay to look?

Back