• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Store Find Medusa Hat

moitabachoi

Oakley Beginner
i just started collecting O's late last year wherein a friend who's suffering from the dreaded O-virus infected me with it :biggrin:
We were just talking about our bike (MC) rides and discussing about gears and accesories when he mentioned that one time he saw an oakley helmet which looked like dreadlocks.. I told him it's a Medusa hat. i asked him from where did he saw it and told me that it was just on display to a shoe store..
So after the convo with him i just had the urge to call up one of the retail stores he mentioned inquiring if by any chance they have a Medusa Hat.The very accomodating sales guy said that he will try to look it up in their system.. and after a couple of minutes VOILA! he told me that there is still 1 which is showing in their system but it could be an error coz this item was from their old stock inventory. So i asked onto which branch they have it and if he can ask if it is really available.. to my surprise it is the only one of the 2 Medusa hat whcih reached kuwait and he also told me whichbranch where the display item was located. Immediately i asked him to reserve it to me and i will pick it up in a couple of hours. Before going straight to the branch i dropped by at the branch where the display item was located and true enough the sales person told me that it is not for sale coz it was in their display case since they opened their store and it is very impossible to purchase it as even the manager of the store knows that it is a rare item. After done trying to convince the store manager to sell the display unit to me in vain, i went to the branch where they have the only one which is for sale.
I couldn't contain my excitement when they brought out the box of the Medusa Hat and became more surprised when the cashier punced the price tag on their counter... its already a steal but what made me more happy was when the cashier said they still would take off 20% as they are currently on store sale... It felt during that time that i won the grand lottery for it :biggrin:
After that i immediately called my friend and told him that i already own the Hat :whistle:
the first ever impossible find and purchase i got just today which was stocked and almost forgotten for almost a decade now from the stockroom of an Athlete's Foot store and mind you, from the most unexpected place you'll ever find it is here in Kuwait.. yes i said it right... Kuwait!:crazypilot:
so there you have it, this seems to be the luckiest day ever for me as a beginner O collector..;)
here's some pics of the best find i had today..
Medusa_zps95646f0b.jpg

Thanks a lot guys.. even me myself couldn't believe it when i saw it coming out of the box from their store room. Lady luck is just on my side yesterday ;) and hopefully i can find the goggles as well.

Latest Posts

Back