• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Store refits?

brightroar

Oakley Beginner
I was at my local Oakley store last week (Lexington, KY), and the young lady there told the the following. That corporate is getting ready to restructure the non-Vault stores to be more "clothing focused". I am the only one that thinks this is a little odd?

No, heard that oakley was trying hard to compete with underarmor/nike/rbk with clothing and will be eventually setting up stores to reflect that. Also understand that prescription areas will be set up as well. Guessing the entire opthamology type layout. Just hearsay on my end.

Yes that is correct, I have also heard from reps and higher ups that Lux is going to be pushing hard to get Oakley into more clothing and performance apparel as they have see how much business UA has done in the past 10 years and Oakley wants to be more like them.

I view it as deviation from what oakley is/was and further dilution of the brand unfortunately. I think every mfg has attempted to go for that market and all have failed. This will be no different, especially if they continue with the marketing (as in what marketing).

I was at my local Oakley store last week (Lexington, KY), and the young lady there told the the following. That corporate is getting ready to restructure the non-Vault stores to be more "clothing focused". I am the only one that thinks this is a little odd?
Another person from KY. I'm in Louisville.

I view it as deviation from what oakley is/was and further dilution of the brand unfortunately. I think every mfg has attempted to go for that market and all have failed. This will be no different, especially if they continue with the marketing (as in what marketing).
I'd like them to concentrate on the glasses too, keep the sidelines as sidelines. Oakley clothing doesn't really interest me.

I bought a number of items of clothing when I visited the States and I have to say that I am incredibly underwhelmed by the quality of the Oakley clothing. So if they really are going to start pushing more clothing, I sure hope they up the quality, because I for one won't be buying any more of it.

The standard cotton is hit and miss in comfort. I have a good bit of snowboard gear and it's decent. The dry fit stuff is what they are going for I think. I actually have some oakley stuff that is branded Nike dry fit. They also have hydrolix which is probably Nike tech they took with them in that interesting cross platform sharing/infringing.

I have a bunch of Oakley golf shirts, pants and shorts. Pretty happy with the quality. The cotton t-shirts are low quality but you can usually get them for 5-20 bucks so not really expecting a lot out of those.

I got a bunch of T shirts, which I love the feel of, but already after a few washes I can tell they are not going to last long. I agree that if you get them at a vault sale price that's not such a big deal.

The hoodie I got I have worn maybe 10 times and it is has started to go bally already.

But the worst, I got two pairs of shorts and after about two weeks the snap fasteners on all the pockets on both pairs had pulled out of the material.

I realise that they're not going to last forever, but I was in the States in August, I would expect them to last a bit longer than that.

I also got a pair of shorts from Gap at the same time and the quality is miles ahead, for not that much more money.

Latest Posts

Back