• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Storing Oakley Lens's Particularly Juliet

nimer

Oakley Expert
I'm sure i should have done a search and i didnt do i'll be honest. so feel free to tell me i'm an idiot and do a search.

Any suggestions as to how people safely and securely store there spare lens's? atm i have a jerry rigged box which works but its kinda a pain in the behind.

I have about 20 sets of spare lens's atm. and would love solution that keeps my lens secure physically and categorised for better choice of words.

thanks in advance for help

p.s i'm thinking a fishing lure tackle box but there not that easy to find in australia in the size need and that only covers the part of storing and keeping len's seperate not actually protecting there coatings

zXDcK91.png

Don't have boxes for any of them? I store mine in their original box or any other box (other lenses, rubber kit) boxes.

IMG_20150221_101544.jpg
in my country humidity very high, so I put all spare lenses, my oakley at my camera drycabinet. so temperature, humidity etc will secure not only the lenses, but all the rubber, box etc. I do this method more then 5 year. and until now all in pristine condition

Last edited:
Can you expand on what you mean by ? Is that front unit a electric de-humidifier?
hi... @nimer the second image is dry box. it really hive good sealed, so it will not allowed the air in or out when we closed. in the front is electric de-humidifier. we can charge that and put inside the box. after indicator empty (blue color) we need to charge it again until red. then put back again inside the box. it's one package with the dry box.

AHHHH HANG ON when you say charge you mean. THat there are little circular silica balls in there that start our pink and once they turn blue they have been fully expended? you either put them in the oven to turn them back to pink or simply just buy new ones?

I think we had a bit of confusion through language translation :D

Back