• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying STPL Eyeshades

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Those are sweet.

There's only one eyeshade listed on all of Craigslist. Damn.

Some people reacted to this post.
Said to have been only 150 pairs issued of the Stpl Eyeshades - Yellow - Grey & Emerald OO9139-01 and I have only seen a handful of those offered on ebay and for as much as around $750. My own pair came from 1080 Norwich in April '11 for £190 but they did not put them on their site, I happened to phone and he had these and the Stpl Razor Blade which I also purchased from the handful of pairs they had. Had it not been for these I doubt I would have paid the bigger ebay prices so I was lucky, and it has resulted in the completion of the 6 glass Stpl set. The Eyeshade is interesting in that two boxes are used to house the main piece and the spare lens, both held together with a thick plastic strip, the Emerald lens is impossible to use due to the huge 'cross' obstruction over the right eye so I swapped the grey one in, never wore it, and keep it on display. Wacky product!

Username Hidden said:
Said to have been only 150 pairs issued of the Stpl Eyeshades - Yellow - Grey & Emerald OO9139-01 and I have only seen a handful of those offered on ebay and for as much as around $750. My own pair came from 1080 Norwich in April '11 for £190 but they did not put them on their site, I happened to phone and he had these and the Stpl Razor Blade which I also purchased from the handful of pairs they had. Had it not been for these I doubt I would have paid the bigger ebay prices so I was lucky, and it has resulted in the completion of the 6 glass Stpl set. The Eyeshade is interesting in that two boxes are used to house the main piece and the spare lens, both held together with a thick plastic strip, the Emerald lens is impossible to use due to the huge 'cross' obstruction over the right eye so I swapped the grey one in, never wore it, and keep it on display. Wacky product!

Wanna sell it :)

Username Hidden said:
Wanna sell it :)

The problem with selling the pair is it will mean I would no longer have the complete Stpl set, plus I only collect and do not sell or trade anything. The only reason I have this pair is to complete a set, however as much as I love Oakley, this model is by far my least favourite, I actually don't like them at all and I had no interest in the few collector Eyeshades that came out a couple of years ago. The time will come one day when I sell almost the whole collection and at that stage this would be one of the first pairs to go, but I imagine you would have found one by then.

Username Hidden said:
The problem with selling the pair is it will mean I would no longer have the complete Stpl set, plus I only collect and do not sell or trade anything. The only reason I have this pair is to complete a set, however as much as I love Oakley, this model is by far my least favourite, I actually don't like them at all and I had no interest in the few collector Eyeshades that came out a couple of years ago. The time will come one day when I sell almost the whole collection and at that stage this would be one of the first pairs to go, but I imagine you would have found one by then.

I understand,but actually i had the same philosophy at one time. I collected the entire artist series and i was at a point where i felt obligated to get them all, even ones i do not like. I hated the robt pimple hijinx and the koziks were not my favorites. I eventually split it up and only kept what i actually liked and wanted rather than what i felt obligated to keep although i didnt really like it. I understand though with such a vast collection as yours wanting to keep the completed sets together.

Deleted.

Oh man. But is it worth a grand to you bapd?

I two offers. both auto declined

Username Hidden said:
I two offers. both auto declined

I sent an offer, well see.

Username Hidden said:
Oh man. But is it worth a grand to you bapd?

No....put simply!

Back